Accepted Online Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to online programs at SUNY Plattsburgh and welcome to School of Business and Economics! We are excited to be a part of your academic journey. Whether you are accessing your courses from near or far, you are a true SUNY Plattsburgh Cardinal. We look forward to your participation and involvement in our online programs and know that you will make valuable contributions to our university community.
Before the Semester Starts
It’s normal to feel a little nervous before classes start. Here are some tips to help you get and feel ready.
- Start using and monitoring your Plattsburgh email account daily. Once you are registered for classes, all official communication with professors, academic advisors, campus offices or your support team must be done with your @plattsburgh.edu email account.
- Once you receive your course syllabi, begin preparing for your course. Review and purchase any required materials and communicate with your professors, academic advisors, department chair or success team with any questions or concerns you have.
- Be proactive — Create a weekly study schedule to ensure you have enough time set aside for each class. Write down all important dates for assignments, assessments and project deadlines.
- Familiarize yourself with Brightspace by reviewing the student tutorials within Brightspace.
- Get to know the MyPlattsburgh portal with this helpful walkthrough.
- Watch your MyPlattsburgh notifications for any outstanding checklist or to-do items before the semester starts.