Accounting & Data Analytics Combined Bachelor’s & Master’s Program
On campus or online
Affordable and high-quality accounting and data analytics combined program supported by an AACSB-accredited business school — a standard of achievement so prestigious that less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction. Earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in only five years.
What Will I Learn?
This 4+1 accounting/data analytics and accounting B.S./M.S. program is the first NYS CPA licensure-qualifying registered program that meets the NYS CPA-150E educational requirement for the new 150-semester hour pathway (CPA Evolution Model), effective on or after August 2027. Starting in January 2024, the new CPA exam emphasizes the importance of data analytics and technology skills and this innovative program is at the top of the accounting industry trend.
- You’ll gain a solid foundation in accounting to prepare you for your career and the CPA exam. Tailor your studies by adding a minor in forensic accounting or finance; or, add a second major to give you an edge.
- Once you’ve completed the undergraduate accounting portion of the program and meet the minimum required GPA, you will seamlessly transition into the one-year M.S. in data analytics program. Here, you’ll focus on lab-based courses where you will develop expertise on how to interpret, visualize and model data, estimate and forecast outcomes based on existing information and help guide future business decisions.
- Elevate your interpersonal and leaderships skills that will help you work with teams to design creative data analytics solutions to complex business problems.
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Personalized care and attention from your academic advisors
- A top-notch education taught by credentialed faculty who conduct state-of-the-art research and are respected leaders in their fields of study
- An emphasis on experiential learning with well-known corporations, CPA firms and government agencies
- Access to career resources — even remotely — and a strong alumni networking community
- Surprisingly affordable tuition rates
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The sky is the limit with this combination of degrees. The demand for people skilled in accounting and data analytics is rapidly growing and job prospects in will increase exponentially.
Graduates of our program can find jobs in:
- Accounting and auditing
- Financial management
- Tax examination
- Credit analysis
- Market research
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- Data warehousing
- Database management
- Data/text mining
- Big data analytics
Recent 4+1 Combined Program Students
Osamuyimen Omorogbe-Akpata, Class of ‘23
- M.S. in Data Analytics student, SUNY Plattsburgh, Class of ‘24
- Accepted job with Deloitte
Bridget Hanley, Class of ‘19 & G’20
- Financial Control Analyst at Beazley