Jump to Footer

Financial Aid & Student Accounts Info for Enrolled Students

Here you will find the most common student financial service links and resources for enrolled students. Need more info or want to speak with a financial aid advisor? We are here for you!

Financial Aid & Student Accounts

Stop by our customer service windows on the 1st floor of the Kehoe Administration Building.

Financial Aid Office

Student Accounts Office


Student Credits & Refunds Related to COVID-19

In response to the COVID-19 crisis, SUNY Plattsburgh converted all classes to online learning during the Spring 2020 semester. As part of this response, on-campus students vacated the residence halls and access to certain campus services. We have established a methodology to credit student fees to the accounts of students impacted by the COVID-19 emergency.   Read more about student credits and refunding activity. 


How is Aid Awarded?

There is a process to financial aid. Applying for, qualifying for, receiving and renewing financial aid involve many steps to take and guidelines to follow.

Registering for and successfully completing courses needed for your degree completion will help you maintain SAP for financial aid.

What is Aid-Eligible Coursework?

Full-time students must take at least 12 credits each semester that are aid-eligible. Aid-eligible means the credits are needed to fulfill degree completion requirements.

Financial Aid Rules

There are rules to getting and keeping financial aid while enrolled. And there are rules when enrollment ends during a semester. Follow the links below to learn more about the minimum academic progress requirements for financial aid and the process for returning funds when enrollment ends unexpectedly.

Tax Information

Domestic students will receive an annual notification of eligible charges paid and credits received during the previous calendar year. This information may be used to identify and document eligibility for tax benefits for education. Canadian students can also receive tax information upon request. Learn more about how we provide tax information.

Back to top