At SUNY Plattsburgh, you will learn from faculty who are leaders in their field — educators who take the time to personally mentor you and truly care about your success.
And speaking of location — ours is unrivaled. With the safety of a small town and the amenities of larger cities nearby, you'll have plenty to eat, explore and experience.
First-Year Admissions Requirements
First-year applicants will be reviewed holistically on the basis of academics, extracurricular involvement and contextual information.
- Strength of High School Program – We are looking for a solid, college-preparatory background. In New York state high schools, that means Regents or Common Core coursework.
- Strong Grades – Successful applicants have an academic average of “B” or better. Students with good courses, but “C+” grades may be considered as “borderline,” and therefore will need to have significant supporting factors in their profiles.
- Standardized Test Score – SUNY Plattsburgh is test optional. Submitting standardized test scores for admissions review is optional if you plan to enroll in the Spring 2022 or Fall 2022 semesters. You can designate your choice on the admissions application.
- Letter of Recommendation – All first-year applicants should submit a recommendation from a school counselor and/or teacher.
- Essay – Essays are an applicant’s opportunity to communicate to admissions in their own voice. Strive to be original, honest and creative — tell a personal story!
- Supplemental Information – Applicants are encouraged to submit supplemental information regarding leadership experience, activities, community service, employment, etc., as well as any additional details regarding extenuating circumstances that might have affected academic performance.
Applying to the EOP program?