Information for Accepted Students
You’re accepted — what’s next?
Check out our checklist below and enter our Instagram contest for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card and some fun SUNY Plattsburgh merch!
Join the Cardinal Community
The Cardinal Community is an exclusive platform for accepted students to connect with each other and members of our campus community.
View accepted student profiles and match with students like you. Plus, get invites to exclusive events, participate in group discussions, talk with current students and more!
Pay Your Deposit
After you are accepted, you have until the deadline date indicated in your acceptance letter to pay your $250 deposit ($25 for EOP students).
Deposits can be paid online, by phone or by mail. Checks can be made payable to “SUNY Plattsburgh” and sent to:SUNY Plattsburgh Student Accounts101 Kehoe Administration Building101 Broad StreetPlattsburgh, NY 12901
Apply for Financial Aid
The financial aid office recommends submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or after Oct. 1 of the year prior to your enrollment. Complete the FAFSA as close as possible to Oct. 1 to qualify for all available aid resources.
New York state residents also have the opportunity to apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Excelsior Scholarship.
Complete Your Housing Form (Main Campus Students Only)
Housing placements are completed on a first-come, first-served basis, so you should pay your admissions deposit and submit the housing application as soon as possible.
For fall enrolling students, the housing application can be accessed starting February 1. The first 750 first-year students who pay their admissions deposits and complete their housing applications will not be placed in a triple (for fall only).
Upper-level transfer students and local students can petition to live off-campus. These students are required to pay the $250 deposit ($25 for EOP students) and submit the housing exemption request (exemption eligibility requirements must be approved). Contact Campus Housing and Community Living at [email protected] if any questions arise.
Submit Your Immunization Records & Health Forms
These documents are required by NYS to attend college at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Contact your high school or primary care doctor as soon as possible to request that your immunization records be sent to the Student Health and Counseling Center after paying your deposit. You will also need to submit a Student Health Record and a Meningitis Response Form after paying your deposit.
Immunization records and health forms are due by July 15 (for fall enrolling students) or by January 15 (for spring enrolling students).
Receive Advisement & Register for Courses
First-Year and Transfer Students (Fall 2021)
- In May, new students will be invited to attend a summer orientation session. Attending a New Student Orientation is highly recommended.
- Orientation gives you the chance to connect with peers, learn about the campus environment, and engage with staff in conversations devoted to financial aid, meal plans, housing, diversity, and student support.
- You will receive information about placement tests, receiving course advisement from your department or program, getting registered for classes, and links to tutorial videos that help you with each of those activities.
- First-year students will be contacted by their departments to discuss placement results and course selections, and a full course schedule will be built for first-year students.
- Advisement for new transfer students begins in May, followed by online registration for new transfer students starting in June.
Readmits (All 2021 terms)
- Students readmitted to the college are strongly encouraged to contact the department chair of the major to which they’ve been accepted to receive course advisement before registering for coursework.
- Online registration for summer and fall terms begin April 12, 2021.
- To register for classes, online students will need to contact the chairperson or program facilitator of their academic department to obtain a registration PIN code.
- If you are an RN-to-B.S. nursing student, please contact Eli Remillard, program facilitator at [email protected].
- If you are an online accounting student, please contact Ms. Amelia Lushia at [email protected].
Branch Campus (Queensbury)
Pay Your Tuition Bill
Student accounts will send payment instructions to your SUNY Plattsburgh email account (mid-July for fall and late November for spring). Your bill can be accessed online in your MyPlattsburgh account.
Students can opt to set up a proxy account for a person designated to view personal college information for a set period of time.
Send Your Transcripts
All new students must send final official transcripts showing all high school and/or college coursework completed prior to enrollment. If you are a first-year student who has earned credit through a specific college, you must also request that an official transcript be sent directly from that college to the admissions office to receive credit.
If you earned college credit through examination via an AP, IB or CLEP exam, you must submit an official score report from the appropriate testing agency to have your credit considered for transfer credit review. Send official score reports to the admissions office.