Information for Accepted Students
You’re Accepted! — What’s Next?
- Follow SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2027 on Instagram
The @sunyplattsburgh2027 Instagram account is open to all accepted students to help connect them with each other and members of our community. Students will be able to provide information about themselves and be featured on Instagram as a post and story.
Exclusive events such as Instagram lives and Instagram takeovers from current Plattsburgh students will take place for those following the @sunyplattsburgh2027 account. We cannot wait to welcome the new class of Cardinals!
- Pay Your Deposit
After you are accepted, you have until the deadline date indicated in your acceptance letter to pay your $250 deposit.
Deposits are waived for students accepted to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). Contact the admissions office to request your deposit waiver if you were accepted to EOP.
- Apply for Financial Aid
Student Financial Services recommends submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or after Oct. 1 of the year prior to your enrollment. Complete the FAFSA as close as possible to Oct. 1 to qualify for all available aid resources.
New York state residents also have the opportunity to apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Excelsior Scholarship.
- Complete Your Housing Form (Main Campus Students Only)
Housing placements are completed on a first-come, first-served basis, so you should pay your admissions deposit and submit the housing application as soon as possible.
For fall enrolling students, the housing application can be accessed starting February 1 (November 1 for spring enrolling students).
Upper-level transfer students and local students can petition to live off-campus. These students are required to pay the $250 deposit and submit the housing exemption request (exemption eligibility requirements must be approved). Accepted EOP students can request a deposit waiver by contacting the admissions office. Contact campus housing and community living at [email protected] if any questions arise.
- Submit Your Immunization Records & Health Forms
These documents are required by NYS to attend college at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Contact your high school or primary care doctor as soon as possible to request that your immunization records be sent to the Student Health and Counseling Center after paying your deposit. You will also need to submit a Student Health Record and a Meningitis Response Form after paying your deposit.
Please call 518-564-2187 or email [email protected] with any questions. All immunization records and student health records can be faxed to 518-564-2188.
Immunization records and health forms are due by July 15 (for fall enrolling students) or by January 15 (for spring enrolling students).
- Receive Advisement & Register for Courses
First-Year and Transfer Students (Fall 2023)
- In May, first-year and transfer students will be invited to attend a summer orientation session. Attending a New Student Orientation is highly recommended (dates released in spring 2023).
- Orientation gives you the chance to connect with peers and your academic department, learn about the campus environment, and engage with staff in conversations devoted to financial aid, meal plans, housing, diversity, and student support.
- Monitor your email for information from admissions about placement tests, receiving course advisement, getting registered for classes, and links to tutorial videos that help you with each of those activities.
- Academic departments and special programs staff will register first-year students into partial schedules starting in May through the month of June. These courses will fulfill Cardinal Core Curriculum and/or major requirements. First-year students will complete their schedules during New Student Orientation in July.
- Advisement for new transfer students begins in April, followed by online registration starting in early May. Contact your department chair for advisement and registration information.
Transfer Students (Fall 2023)
Transfer students will need to contact the chairperson of their academic department to receive course advising and to obtain a registration PIN code. Advising for new transfers entering in the fall semester begins on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. Online registration for new transfers with PIN codes begins on Monday, May 8 at 10 a.m.
Main Campus Readmits (Fall 2023)
Students readmitted to the college should contact the department chair of their major to receive course advising and to obtain a registration PIN code. Online registration for readmitted students with PIN codes begins Monday, April 10 at 8 a.m.
Summer Sessions — Summer registration begins April 10. Please contact your department chair/program advisor for course selection guidance when registration begins. No PIN is required.
To register for classes, online students will need to contact the program coordinator or facilitator of their academic department to register for courses.
- If you are an RN-to-B.S. nursing student, please contact Sarah Charles, RN-to-B.S. advisor at [email protected]
- If you are an online accounting student, please contact Ms. Amelia Lushia, academic coordinator at [email protected].
- If you are an online business administration student, please contact Dr. Kwangseek Choe, department chair at [email protected].
- If you are an online social work student, please contact Dr. Julie Richards, department chair at [email protected]
Branch Campus (Queensbury)
- New students enrolling at SUNY Plattsburgh’s Queensbury Branch Campus will be advised to complete a distinct, virtual orientation. Students accepted to the Queensbury campus should monitor their Plattsburgh email for steps to get started on orientation and can email [email protected] or call 518-792-5425 with any questions.
View Registration Dates & Instructions
- Pay Your Tuition Bill
Student Financial Services will send payment instructions to your SUNY Plattsburgh email account (mid-July for fall and late November for spring). Your bill can be accessed online in your MyPlattsburgh account.
Students can opt to set up a proxy account for a person designated to view personal college information for a set period of time.
View Bill Payment, Refunds & Payment Plans
- Send Your Transcripts
All new students must send final official transcripts showing all high school and/or college coursework completed prior to enrollment. If you are a first-year student who has earned credit through a specific college, you must also request that an official transcript be sent directly from that college to the admissions office to receive credit.
If you earned college credit through examination via an AP, IB or CLEP exam, you must submit an official score report from the appropriate testing agency to have your credit considered for transfer credit review. Send official score reports to the admissions office.