Recreational Sports & Programs
The mission of recreational sports is to provide a variety of quality recreational programming consistent with the overall educational mission of SUNY Plattsburgh. The program will strive to enhance the wellness of the campus community in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Winter Break Schedule — January 9 through 27* Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. *Closed 1/16
The Department of Athletics and Recreation is pleased to announce open skate sessions at the Field House, free with a valid college ID. Skates are also provided if necessary.
- Sunday, Jan. 8 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 5 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 19 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 26 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Mar. 5 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Mar. 12 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Mar. 19 — 12:30–2:30 p.m.
Memorial Gym Schedules
- Memorial Hall is open Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon – 5 p.m. during the semester.
- Recreation Desk Hours: Monday – Friday from noon – 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from noon – 5 p.m. (closed during school breaks)
Get Active, Have Fun & Learn
Memorial Hall is available for pick-up basketball and volleyball games, equipment issue and open recreation. With more than 20 intramural leagues and club sports, you’re sure to find something to get active, have fun and learn!
Our fitness center allows students, alumni, faculty and staff to get fit and stay active.
Join our Team!
Student employment opportunities are available for students as intramural officials, bike program attendants and open recreation supervisors.
Acknowledgement of Risk: Participation in physical activities require minimum levels of fitness, ability and health. Each individual has a different capacity for participation in these activities. Participants are responsible for consulting a physician before starting any exercise program or physical activity. Participants understand and accept there are inherent risks involved in participation.