Recreational Sports & Programs
The mission of recreational sports is to provide a variety of quality recreational programming consistent with the overall educational mission of SUNY Plattsburgh. The program will strive to enhance the wellness of the campus community in a safe and welcoming environment.
Memorial Gym Schedules
- Semester — Memorial Hall is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday
and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. during the semester.
- Recreation desk and gym hours — Monday through Friday from noon to 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Fall Break — Friday, October 6, noon to 7 p.m., Saturday, October 7 from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday, October 10 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Finals Week — Recreation gym and desk will close at 7 p.m. Monday, May 15 through Thursday, May 18. No hours on Friday, May 19.
- Summer — Memorial Hall is closed due to construction.
Get Active, Have Fun & Learn
Memorial Hall is available for pick-up basketball and volleyball games, equipment issue and open recreation. With more than 20 intramural leagues and club sports, you’re sure to find something to get active, have fun and learn!
Our fitness center allows students, alumni, faculty and staff to get fit and stay active.
Join our Team!
Student employment opportunities are available for students as intramural officials, bike program attendants and open recreation supervisors.
Acknowledgement of Risk: Participation in physical activities require minimum levels of fitness, ability and health. Each individual has a different capacity for participation in these activities. Participants are responsible for consulting a physician before starting any exercise program or physical activity. Participants understand and accept there are inherent risks involved in participation.