Tuition & Fees
Use the categories listed below to identify the undergraduate and graduate tuition and fees you may incur each semester.
About Tuition & Fees
Some students may have additional fees not shown here, such as orientation fees, application fees, advanced placement fees and/or certain course fees. Additional points to keep in mind:
- Full-time tuition and fees is defined as registered for at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- An academic year consists of fall and spring semesters. Winter and summer terms are in addition to annual amounts shown here.
- Tuition and fee information provided below do not include financial aid. Most students at SUNY Plattsburgh receive financial aid.
- Tuition and fees may be subject to change after publication, including tuition and fee increases due to currency exchange rate fluctuations for study abroad programs.
Distance Learning Tuition Rate
A student at SUNY Plattsburgh is eligible for the online non-resident tuition rate if the student satisfies the following three criteria in a term:
- Matriculated in one of our exclusively online academic programs (see list below); and
- Only enrolled in online distance learning courses in a given term; and
- Has not had an address within the borders of New York state at any point within July 1 and June 30 of a given state-operated campus fiscal year.
The following academic programs are designated as exclusively online for billing purposes:
- 755D – Accounting B.S. (completion program)
- 8073 – Fitness and Wellness Leadership M.S.
- 0058 – Healthcare Informatics Certificate
- 0203 – Nursing RN-to-B.S.
- 063D – Special Education Grades 7 to 12 Advanced Certificate
SUNY Plattsburgh may require the student to submit documentation that demonstrates
the student satisfies the criteria above.
A non-resident student with fully online coursework matriculated in any other academic program will be charged the standard non-resident tuition rate even if the student has not resided within the borders of New York state within the fiscal year.
Tuition & Fees for 2020–2021
Information provided below is a guide to the expenses you may incur. Refer to your student account for each term you are enrolled for your actual billed costs.
A Note About Online Programs & Online Courses:
Students matriculated in one of our exclusively online academic programs may be eligible for a discounted online tuition rate. The following academic programs are designated as exclusively online for billing purposes: Accounting B.S. (major code: 755D), Fitness & Wellness Leadership M.S. (major code: 8073), Healthcare Informatics Certificate (major code: 0058), Nursing RN-to-B.S. (major code: 0203), Special Education Grades 7-12 Advanced Certificate (major code: 063D).
Part-Time & Non-Billed Costs
Credits & Refunds Related to COVID-19