Proxy Accounts for Parents
In order to allow students to directly grant and revoke permissions for others to view information on their records, pay bills, or even to speak with Financial Aid or Student Accounts, we have upgraded our system to allow for proxies.
Setting up Proxy Accounts
A “proxy” is a person designated by a student to view personal college information for a set period of time.
Many students elect to create a proxy account for family members. It is a student's responsibility to create and maintain their proxy account. The student can revoke or update these permissions at any time.
Steps to Arrange Access
- Log-in to our secure Proxy Management System (campus Net ID and password required).
- Select “Add Proxy” and enter the information requested. Persons named as proxies will
receive an email with further information, through the email address provided. Each
proxy can have their own permissions.
- You can edit the information for any of the proxies by selecting the “Expand [Proxy
Name]” link. Information on the Proxy Profile, Authorization, History and Communication
will appear. In this area you must select the relationship. You can also add the description
of the proxy as well as start and end dates for their access.
You can enter the proxy’s passphrase at this point. The passphrase will be used by the proxy to verify for verbal access to Financial Aid and Student Accounts information. By default, the Proxy will be granted access for a year.
You can visit this section anytime to reset a proxy’s PIN (password) or to delete a proxy.
- After entering or updating the information, you can select the “E-mail Authorizations”
link on the right side of the section in order to email your proxy with details to
which they now have access.
The History tab will show a log of what was viewed and at what time.
The Communication tab will allow you to re-send emails. If your proxies are not receiving email messages, check to make sure the email address was entered correctly on the Profile tab or that it did not get sent to the proxy’s spam folder.
Steps to Access as a Proxy
- Log-in for Proxy Access using your email address and password (PIN) that was was set up.
- If you do not recall this information, the student can log on and reset your password
which will generate a new email.
Follow the steps in the email to set up a new password.
Should you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the Registrar’s Office.