Proxy account management allows students to grant and revoke permissions for others to view information on their records, pay bills, or speak with student financial services.
Setting up Proxy Accounts
A proxy is someone who has been assigned by the student to view information. Proxy access is granted for a maximum of one academic year and must be renewed each year. Many students elect to create a proxy account for their parents or other individuals helping with the college process. Likewise, the student can revoke or update these permissions at any time.
It is a student’s responsibility to create and maintain proxy accounts (login with Net ID required). Proxy access is granted for a maximum of one academic year and must be renewed each year.
Steps to Arrange Access
- Log-in to our secure Proxy Management System (campus Net ID and password required).
- Select “Add Proxy” and enter the information requested. Persons named as proxies will receive an email with further information, through the email address provided. Each proxy can have their own permissions.
- You can edit the information for any of the proxies by selecting the “Expand [Proxy
Name]” link. Information on the Proxy Profile, Authorization, History and Communication
will appear. In this area you will select the relationship and add the description
of the proxy.
- You can enter the proxy’s passphrase at this point. The passphrase will be supplied by the proxy to verify authorization to receive verbal access to Financial Aid and Student Accounts information. Proxy access is granted for a maximum of one academic year and must be renewed each year.
- You can visit this section anytime to reset a proxy’s PIN (password) or to delete a proxy.
- After entering or updating the information, you can select the “Email Authorizations”
link on the right side of the section in order to email your proxy with details to
which they now have access.
- The History tab will show a log of what was viewed and at what time.
- The Communication tab will allow you to re-send emails. If your proxies are not receiving email messages, check to make sure the email address was entered correctly on the Profile tab or that it did not get sent to the proxy’s spam folder.
Steps to Access as a Proxy
- Log-in for Proxy Access using your email address and password (PIN) that was was set up.
- If you do not recall this information, the student can log on and reset your password
which will generate a new email.
- Follow the steps in the email to set up a new password.
Should you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the registrar’s office.