I’ve Been Admitted to College (IBAC) Program
IBAC aims to inspire North Country middle school students to see SUNY Plattsburgh as an exciting and attainable option for their futures. Each semester, the program hosts 8th grade students and counselors — free of cost — from schools in Clinton, Franklin and Essex counties for a half-day of campus tours, interactive experiences and lunch.
SUNY Plattsburgh wants local 8th graders to dream big and imagine their futures with a college education. Our IBAC program provides middle schoolers the opportunity to see themselves as potential college students.
Middle school students who visit SUNY Plattsburgh for IBAC will:
- hear personal stories from current SUNY Plattsburgh students about learning and socializing at college, overcoming fears and financing their education
- go on a campus tour and visit exciting places like the TV production studio, art gallery and our athletic center
- participate in fun and interactive activities with faculty and graduate students
- enjoy a pizza lunch and photo session with our mascot Burghy
- receive a personalized “Promise of Admission” certificate from the university president
There is no charge to attend the event. Transportation costs, however, are the responsibility of individual schools.
We will host Fall 2023 IBAC events on Monday, Sept. 25; Monday, Oct. 2; Friday, Oct. 13 and Monday, Oct. 16.