The Financial Aid Office proudly supports veterans and dependents of veterans by certifying enrollment for receipt of educational benefits and providing general financial aid advice. Veterans may also qualify for federal and state financial aid programs. Learn more about applying for financial aid and the awarding process.
Ready to Be Certified?
If you are ready for us to certify your semester enrollment for GI Bill ® benefits. You must be registered for courses and have processed your semester bill before your enrollment can be certified.
Please submit a certification request each semester.
GI Bill / Veteran's Benefits Certification Request Form
If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran and would like us to certify your GI Bill, please fill out the form located in MyPlattsburgh, under the Student Services tab, in the Financial Aid section called 'Request Certification of GI Bill / Veteran's Benefits'.
- Go to MyPlattsburgh (Student Tab >> 'Request Certification of GI Bill / Veteran's Benefits')
VA Pending Payment Compliance
Effective Date: 08/01/2019
Facility Code: 13945332
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent nor delay the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Complete a request for certification via MyPlattsburgh (Request Certification of GI Bill / Veteran's Benefits) or request certification in writing or via e-mail.
- Provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility before being certified for the first time at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay all charges not covered by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits.
- Confirm enrollment on your semester bill by the bill due date.
GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.