North Country Scholarship
If you will be a North Country High School graduate and a freshman applicant, you may be eligible for an added $3,500 scholarship. And if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study.
- Graduate from a high school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate in June 2020.
- Earn a high school average and SAT score that meets the criteria for this scholarship. You can use our scholarship calculator to find out if you are eligible.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay $250 deposit before starting freshman year.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2020, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The North Country Scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the North Country Scholarship.
Other notes: For eligible students - don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as close to Oct. 1 as possible to get more information about cost and aid. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.