North Country Scholarship
If you will be a North Country high school graduate and a first-year applicant, you may be eligible for an added $3,500 scholarship — and, if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study.
The North Country Scholarship is applicable through Spring 2022. Scholarships for Fall 2022 will be announced in early 2022.
- Graduate from a high school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate in June 2021 or January 2022.
- Awarded to students with the highest combination of academic excellence and extracurricular achievement.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay a $250 deposit before beginning your first year.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2021 or January 2022, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The North Country Scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the North Country Scholarship.
NOTE: NCAA Division III Bylaws prohibit the awarding of financial awards, grants and scholarships to intercollegiate student-athletes on the basis of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance. As a result, eligibility for scholarships will be assessed without the consideration of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance.
Other notes: For eligible students — don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as close to Oct. 1 as possible to get more information about cost and aid. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.