North Country Scholarship
If you will be a North Country high school graduate and a first-year applicant, you may be eligible for an added $3,500 scholarship — and, if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study.
- Graduate from a high school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate in June 2021.
- Awarded to students with the highest combination of academic excellence and extracurricular achievement.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay a $250 deposit before beginning your first year.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2021, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The North Country Scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the North Country Scholarship.
NOTE: NCAA Division III Bylaws prohibit the awarding of financial awards, grants and scholarships to intercollegiate student-athletes on the basis of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance. As a result, eligibility for scholarships will be assessed without the consideration of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance.
Other notes: For eligible students — don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as close to Oct. 1 as possible to get more information about cost and aid. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.