North Country Scholarship
If you are a North Country resident with a high school grade average of 90 or above and a qualifying SAT/ACT score, you can come to SUNY Plattsburgh with a North Country Scholarship. And if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study.
- Graduate from a high school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate in June 2018 and have a cumulative average of 90 or above in a Regents program of study at the time of admission.
- Earn a 1080 or higher on the new SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math scores combined), or a 1000 or higher on the old SAT (Critical Reading and Math scores combined). Note – scores will not be super scored across the new SAT and old SAT exams. Or, earn a 21 or higher on the ACT.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay $250 deposit before starting freshman year.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2018, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The North Country Scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the North Country Scholarship.
Other notes: For eligible students - don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as close to Oct. 1 as possible to get more information about cost and aid. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.