Welcome to New York Grant
If you are a U.S. citizen but live outside of New York state, you may be able to significantly reduce your out-of-state costs at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- The Welcome to New York Grant of $9,000 per year is deducted from your room and meal costs. That’s $4,500 per semester.
- The Cardinal Out-of-State Grant of $2,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
Your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study. Here’s the deal:
- Be a resident of any U.S. state other than New York and accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the non-resident tuition rate.
- Pay a $250 deposit before beginning your first year. The funds are applied to other billed costs.
- Undergraduate first-year, transfer, and readmit applicants are eligible.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2024 or January 2025, taking 12 or more credits.
- Pay the non-resident tuition rate.
- Live on campus for the Welcome to New York Grant of $9,000 per year.
- Students living on-campus or off-campus are eligible for the Cardinal Out-of-State Grant of $2,500 per year.
Students may receive the Welcome to NY Grant for up to eight semesters if they remain
a matriculated full-time undergraduate, pay the non-resident tuition rate, and continue
Students may receive the Cardinal Out-of-State Grant if they remain a matriculated full-time undergraduate and pay the non-resident tuition rate.
NOTE: NCAA Division III Bylaws prohibit the awarding of financial awards, grants and scholarships to intercollegiate student-athletes on the basis of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance. As a result, eligibility for scholarships will be assessed without the consideration of athletic participation, leadership, ability or performance.
Other notes: For eligible students — don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as soon as applications become available to receive more information about cost and aid.