Welcome to New York Grant
If you are a U.S. citizen but live outside of New York state, you may be able to significantly reduce your out-of-state costs at SUNY Plattsburgh.
And if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study. Here's the deal:
- Be a resident of any U.S. state other than New York and accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the non-resident tuition rate.
- Pay $250 deposit before matriculating at SUNY Plattsburgh. The funds are applied to other billed costs.
- Undergraduate freshmen, transfers, and readmits are eligible.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2019, taking 12 or more credits.
- Pay the non-resident tuition rate.
- Live on campus.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the Welcome to NY Grant.
The Welcome to New York Grant of $7,500 per year is deducted from your billed costs. That's $3,750 per semester.
You must maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA in each fall or spring semester to which the grant applies. One probationary semester is available if the student falls below the cumulative GPA.
If the student does not satisfy all the standards at the end of this probationary semester or in any future semester, the student becomes permanently ineligible for the award in future semesters. Students who shift to paying the in-state tuition rate will also be ineligible for the award.
Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.