Online Accounting Major
Boost Your Career — Put credits you’ve already earned towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Study from anywhere, anytime with asynchronous classes
- Build your eligibility to take the CPA exam after graduation
- Meet students like you and grow personally and professionally
The quality of the courses offered online at SUNY Plattsburgh is phenomenal. Truly, I did not expect the courses to be of such quality and value. The professors are great also and they make me work hard, I mean, really hard. But the studying is very rewarding, albeit challenging, and I tremendously enjoy it.
Alex Manasuev, Principal at U.S. Tax IQ
What Will I Learn?
Courses to Advance Your Career
Our degree completion program provides you with the knowledge and skills to propel your career. We offer the upper-level courses needed for you to become an accounting professional in a variety of fields including government, forensic accounting, and more. And, once you complete all of our courses, you will be able to sit for the New York state CPA exam.
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Personalized care and attention from your student success team, composed of your online academic coordinator and academic advisors.
- Affordable and high-quality accounting curriculum supported by an AACSB-accredited business school, a standard of achievement so prestigious that less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction
- A top-notch education taught by credentialed faculty who conduct state-of-the-art research and are respected leaders in their fields of study
- A smooth pathway for transferring credit
- Continue your studies by taking advantage of our partnership with SUNY Old Westbury in their online M.S. in accounting program
- Access to career resources — even remotely — and a strong alumni networking community
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Our Graduates are Successful
Our alumni are thriving in governmental roles in various levels of New York state agencies as well as in local CPA firms, multinational corporations and Wall Street firms such as:
- KPMG International
- Deloitte & Touche USA
- Ernst & Young
- Urbach Hacker Young Advisors
- JPMorgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Prudential Financial
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs
IBM Job Placements & Co-ops
We have created a very strong partnership with International Business Machines (IBM). In the last 10 years, IBM has recruited over 100 accounting majors for its nationally recognized co-op program. Our students have been placed at different IBM sites in New York, Vermont and Connecticut. A number of our accounting majors have also won the national IBM Co-op of the Year Award. Many of our students who complete the co-op program have been offered full time employment upon graduation.