School of Business & Economics Online
As an online student in the School of Business and Economics at SUNY Plattsburgh, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a vibrant academic environment, engage with distinguished faculty members and collaborate with peers who share your passion for knowledge. The SBE at SUNY Plattsburgh is renowned for its academic excellence, extensive research opportunities and diverse programs that will enrich your educational journey. All of this is available to you — in an asynchronous online setting — no matter where you are.
Programs in the School of Business and Economics at SUNY Plattsburgh are accredited by the AACSB, a standard of achievement for business programs so prestigious that less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Why Study Online at SBE at SUNY Plattsburgh?
We understand that taking online courses or going back to school as an adult learner is a big move, which is why we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our online programs are designed to be flexible to meet your unique needs, enabling you to take classes from anywhere and study on your schedule.
All of our online programs are taught by academically and professionally qualified faculty located at our campus in Plattsburgh, N.Y. We offer dedicated support and resources you need to be successful. We’ll be working alongside you from application to graduation to help you stay on track, offer pointers and guidance and help you accomplish your goals. In addition, our programs are both affordable and flexible to accommodate a wide variety of transfer students still needing to complete foundational business courses.
See why Forbes made SUNY Plattsburgh one of its Best Online Colleges in New York in 2023
I’m pleased to have found this online accounting program with Plattsburgh. It was a great way to continue my studies while maintaining my work, family and personal life. The classes were challenging but I felt supported by the faculty. Now that I have graduated, I am ready and prepared to take on my new chapter.
Erika Magallanes, Class of ’23
Mission, Vision & Values
We provide our diverse student population with an internationally recognized, high-value and AACSB-accredited business education. We foster competencies for successful careers in the global economy with a commitment to developing ethical and technologically proficient graduates. We emphasize teaching excellence and scholarship, complemented by experiential learning and exceptional mentoring with impact on the regional and global community.
To be a premier provider of innovative and global business education recognized for teaching excellence among comprehensive colleges.
Statement of Values
Our core values are the foundation on which we build a strong commitment to our mission. Our actions and interactions with one another and our students are guided by the following core values:
- Global awareness and diversity — We are committed to a global educational experience that values diversity and promotes an international perspective among our students
- Community engagement — We are committed to maintaining close relationships with the local business, government and non-profit community to be good stewards and benefit our students.
- Collaboration and teamwork — We are guided by a culture of respect for our colleagues and our students. We are strongly supportive of each other, and our actions are guided by an underlying belief in the value of collaboration. We believe that teamwork and the development of interpersonal skills are essential components of the educational experience.
- Academic excellence — We strive for excellence in teaching effectiveness and scholarship. We believe an emphasis on applied learning empowers our students, fostering skills in technological competence necessary for career advancement and personal success.
- Culture of entrepreneurship — We cultivate entrepreneurship among our students, seek to forge partnerships with entrepreneurs throughout the region, and reward the entrepreneurial efforts of our faculty.