Data Analytics Master’s
Learn To Solve Real Problems Using Data from Industry & Government Partners
The availability of massive amounts of data has created a high demand for skilled analytics professionals. Employers are looking for people who can gather, analyze, interpret, share and apply data in a meaningful way to help improve decision making, cut costs and identify new opportunities.
What Will I Learn?
The program is a powerful blend of quantitative coursework and real-world applications. Using current industry-standard tools, our hands-on, lab-based courses give you practical experience:
- Use advanced data queries and processing tools to access, clean, transform and integrate data from a variety of sources for visualization, modeling and interpretation.
- Apply data integration, data visualization, and data and text mining techniques to identify and analyze useful patterns in data.
- Estimate and predict the likelihood of future outcomes based on data to provide organizations with actionable insights.
- Apply mathematical optimization and simulation techniques to quantify the effect of future decisions and advise organizations on possible outcomes.
- Present complex results and communicate findings and insights in non-technical and clear business language to inform significant business decisions.
- Use interpersonal and leadership skills in analytics teams to design creative data analytics solutions to complex business problems.
What is Unique About Our Program?
The curriculum is continually updated to reflect the latest in the field of data analytics.
This is a 10-month cohort-based program, which means you will progress through your courses with the same group of students from start to finish. This allows you to rely extensively on teamwork with your peers.
Other benefits include:
- Intensive interaction with highly qualified faculty.
- Ability to earn certification in data analytics tools like SAS.
- A semester long integrative capstone project involving data and interaction with industry and government partners.
- Offered by our AACSB accredited School of Business and Economics.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The U.S. Bureau of Statistics reported that more than 100,000 new management analyst jobs will be created over the next 10 years, and recent McKinsey white papers and Gartner reports say that that won’t address the shortage of analytics talent.
Graduates of our program can find jobs in:
- Market research
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- Data warehousing
- Database management
- Data/text mining
- Big data analytics