The business environment has become more complex and global, and leading an organization today requires high level managerial skills. Management skills are essential because every member of any organization has some management and reporting functions as part of their job.
What Will I Learn?
Being a manager increases your knowledge of the whole organization. Our management major gives you the skills you need to improve your chances of a promotion within your organization.
What is Unique About Our Program?
Our management major:
- Provides conceptual foundations and practical skills needed to manage successfully in today’s increasingly complex environment
- Is designed to prepare you for future careers as a leader in business and government in the global economy
- Offers a wide variety of courses such as organizational behavior, human resources, strategy, entrepreneurship, industrial/labor relations, international management, organizational behavior, information technology, operations and ethics
- Has faculty and staff dedicated to the success of our students
- Continuously enhances courses to ensure they reflect the very latest in management concepts and tools
- Makes extensive use of information technology in our courses
- Combines academic rigor with practical relevance for real world application
What Are My Career Opportunities?
From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Administrative services managers
- Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Construction managers
- Education administrators
- Engineering and natural sciences managers
- Farmers, ranchers, and agricultural managers
- Financial managers
- Food service managers
- Funeral directors
- Human resources, training, and labor relations managers and specialists
- Industrial production managers
- Lodging managers
- Medical and health services managers
- Property, real estate, and community association managers
- Purchasing managers
- Personnel Manager
- Operations Manager
- Bank Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Information Systems Manager