Online Business Administration Major
Put credits you’ve Earned toward a bachelor’s degree
This transfer completion program allows you to put credits you’ve earned toward a B.S. in business administration. If you already have an associate degree, you’ll be ready to enter the in-demand field of business in only two years.
The online business administration program at SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the AACSB, a standard of achievement for business programs so prestigious that less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction. The online business administration program at SUNY Plattsburgh provides you with challenging curriculum and educational and career opportunities with the highest-quality faculty.
What Will I Learn?
The business administration major dominates the list of most in-demand majors. Majoring in business administration may prepare you for a wide-range of high-paying careers with above average growth prospects. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Courses in accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, management information system, and supply chain management will help you gain a broad view of the best business principles and practices. Beyond this, you can select one elective course in international business and five elective courses among School of Business and Economics (SBE) upper-division courses in your selected specialization in business, focusing on areas that best suit your skills, interests and career goals.
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Take classes from anywhere and study on your schedule with a flexible, web-based curriculum* taught by academically and professionally qualified faculty located at our campus in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- A smooth pathway for transferring credit.
*Students who have not yet earned an associate degree may need prerequisite courses that are not offered online.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
A business administration degree remains extremely popular for good reasons. Most of all, a business administration degree opens the door to a large number of career opportunities. Behind every successful business operation is someone who understands how to work well in an organization and possesses a working knowledge of:
- Accounting — understand auditing, budget analysis, financial accounting and management, taxation and real estate.
- Business economics — understand supply and demand and the decisions and factors that drive those trends.
- Finance — understand how the money for business projects is raised and managed with attention to corporate finance, investment banking, commercial banking, financial planning, securities and money management.
- International business — understand the dynamic patterns of international business, focusing on global economic, political and social trends.
- Legal studies — understand legal issues and trends affecting business and society.
- Management — understand the skills to motivate and allocate personnel, organizational design and planning.
- Management information systems — gain knowledge and experience in developing and using computer-based information systems for solving organizational problems.
- Marketing — understand the marketing of goods and services, from producers to consumers, brand and product management, advertising, market research, and public relations.
- Operations management — understand the basics of managing computer-integrated firms, production and operations management, manufacturing and research analyst.
- Supply chain management — understand the efficient and effective management of flows of materials, information, and funds throughout the supply chain in the process of purchasing, producing, transporting and distributing goods and service from the origin to the destination.