Our programs prepare you for a career in public accounting, corporate accounting, governmental and nonprofit organizations, as well as many others.
Seven Reasons to Select Our Accounting Programs
- Our graduates are successful. Our alumni are employed by CPA firms such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG International, Deloitte & Touche USA, Ernst & Young, Urbach Hacker Young Advisors. As well as multinational corporations and Wall Street firms such as IBM, GE, AT&T, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Prudential Financial, Ben & Jerry’s, Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs.
- Our new state of the art accounting lab. This hands-on accounting lab is equipped with current accounting software to address the growing technological challenges facing accounting majors.
- Career development and professional writing programs. Our program contains a strong writing and career development component. As the nature of business has changed, the need to communicate effectively has increased. Our program has in place a special course in professionalism to help ensure that you will have the skills necessary to achieve your career goals.
- Internship and co-op opportunities. We have a large number of internships and co-ops available for our students. Many of the internships are on campus or within the local business community. We also have opportunities with international companies like IBM. The School of Business and Economics also has its own director of career opportunities and internships available to assist our students. (In recent years, any student who has wanted an internship and has met the requirements has been able to get one).
- Small class size learning experience. Our average class size for a typical accounting course is 25 to 30 students. This enables students to participate in class discussions and ask questions in a friendly environment.
- One-on-one interaction with accounting faculty. We have one-on-one advisement between a student and a faculty member. You will have personal contact with your accounting faculty adviser from the start to help you develop your educational and career plans.
- Location! Location! Location! What more can we say about the Champlain Valley and the Adirondack Mountains? The location is great! Please visit the campus and see for yourself how beautiful it is.