First year (FY) students can live in FY themed housing — buildings devoted to, and housing only first year students. Or, choose to live in a blended building with upper level (sophomore and junior) students. Either way, we have highly trained staff who know how best to support you. The main difference is the focus.
First-Year Themed Housing
- First-year themed housing buildings are active, highly energetic communities
- Students are assigned to themes in these buildings based on their interest, described in more detail below. Our team will plan programs and develop community around these themes.
- Each floor is supported by a community advocate (CA)
- Each building is supported by 4 additional CAs whose focus is on community development and programming
- Each building is supervised by a professional community hall director (CD)
- FY students room together, but would have sophomore and/or junior level students living in the community throughout the building
- Each floor is supported by a CA
- The buildings are supervised by a graduate level CD
The choice really is yours, but if you have questions, please let us know. We are here to help and support you.
If you choose to live in FY themed housing please take care to answer the questions on your housing application related to these themes as we will use them for assignment purposes.
FY Housing Themed Housing
Once you’ve paid your admissions deposit, you can submit your on-campus housing application.
Don’t wait, first-year housing fills quickly and we make assignments on a first-come, first-served basis.