First-year (FY) students can live in buildings devoted first-year students only or choose to live in a blended building with upper-level (sophomore and junior) students. Either way, we have highly trained staff who know how best to support you.
Living in First-Year Housing is Convenient, Supportive & Fun
- First-year housing buildings are active, highly energetic communities with lots of opportunities to meet new people from around the world.
- Whiteface Hall is conveniently located in the heart of on-campus housing, close to the college center, library and the Memorial Gym. Wilson Hall is conveniently located next to the biggest on-campus parking lot, Saranac River Trail and the largest dining facility, Clinton Dining Hall.
- Each floor has a supportive community advocate (CA) to help guide and mentor new students.
- Our Community Night events are hosted by our programming advocate staff. Students can look forward to weekly BINGO and trivia nights hosted in Whiteface and Wilson, along with bi-weekly local trips to the movie theatre to watch newly released movies for free — and so many other fun activities.
- Each building is supervised by full-time, supportive community directors (CD) who are a great resource for our first-year students.
Blended housing — living alongside upper-class students — offers convenient, supportive and fun options for first-year students, too, with unique and diverse structural styles and amenities.
You may prefer suite-style living (deFredenburgh, Hood, and Moffitt) or lowrise corridor-style buildings ( Harrington, Macdonough, Macomb, and Mason). Each of these buildings has unique conveniences for on-campus living. deFredenburgh, for example, has four music rooms and Mason is home to the Student Mail Center. Almost all of our blended housing options are conveniently located near the college center, Clinton Dining Hall and Memorial Gym.
- All blended housing facilities have the conveniences you would expect, ranging from access to 24-hour laundry, common areas and kitchens on every floor.
- When possible, FY students room together but would have sophomore and/or junior-level students living in the community throughout the building.
- Each floor is supported by a CA to help guide and mentor the students living on their floor. CAs also regularly put on fun floor events to help build floor community!
- All first-year students, regardless of their on-campus residency, are invited to Community Night events.
- All first-year students can look forward to fun weekly events like BINGO and trivia and bi-weekly local trips to the movie theatre to watch newly released movies for free — and so many other fun activities.
- The buildings are supervised by a full-time, supportive community directors who are a great resource for our first-year students.
The choice really is yours, but if you have questions, please let us know. We are here to help and support you.
Once you’ve paid your admissions deposit, you can submit your on-campus housing application.
Don’t wait! — first-year housing fills quickly and we make assignments on a first-come, first-served basis.