First-year (FY) students can live in FY themed housing — buildings devoted first-year students only. Or, choose to live in a blended building with upper-level (sophomore and junior) students. Either way, we have highly trained staff who know how best to support you. The main difference is the focus.
First-Year Themed Housing
- First-year themed housing buildings are active, highly energetic communities
- Students are assigned to themes in these buildings based on their interest, described in more detail below. Our team will plan programs and develop community around these themes.
- Each floor is supported by a community advocate (CA)
- Program supported by four additional programming assistants (PA) whose focus is solely focused on community development and programming in all three buildings.
- Supervised by professional community hall directors (CD)
- When possible FY students room together, but would have sophomore and/or junior-level students living in the community throughout the building
- Each floor is supported by a CA
- The buildings are supervised by a graduate-level CD
The choice really is yours, but if you have questions, please let us know. We are here to help and support you.
If you choose to live in FY-themed housing, please take care to answer the questions on your housing application related to these themes as we will use them for assignment purposes.
Once you’ve paid your admissions deposit, you can submit your on-campus housing application.
Don’t wait! — first-year housing fills quickly and we make assignments on a first-come, first-served basis.