Moffitt Hall was dedicated on March 13, 1970, in honor of Brigadier General Stephen Moffitt, of Clintonville. In 1866, Moffitt returned from the Civil War to Plattsburgh where he served as Deputy Collector of Internal Revenue.
The first floor houses the Community Director's office, Hall Office, and 2 lounges, with televisions, table games and vending machines.
An interfaith Prayer room is also located on the first floor.
The lower level houses a laundry room which is fully equipped with washers and dryers.
All floors within the building have a study lounge and a Kitchenette lounge.
Fun Things to Do Near Moffitt Hall
Adjacent to Moffitt Hall is Clinton Dining Hall. Moffitt is also close to the outdoor recreational facilities, which include six tennis courts, and is near one of the largest on-campus parking lots.
Another attractive feature of Moffitt Hall is its proximity to Sibley Hall, one of the academic facilities on campus.