Remote Lab — 24/7 Virtual Computer Lab
Remote Lab lets you remotely connect and use software in campus labs. The virtual lab contains over 200 computers and is available 24/7. The goal of the lab is to provide you with an experience that is close to what you would find if you were physically sitting in front of a computer in the lab.
Software Availability by Computer Lab
|Computer Lab Name
|Ausable 109 Lab
How to Connect to the Remote Lab
- Go to https://remotelab.plattsburgh.edu/
- Sign in with your SUNY Plattsburgh username and password and then click “Login.” After logging in, you will now need to DUO authenticate to gain access to the remote
computer. (If you have already signed into DUO you will not need to complete this step.)
- Next, click on the computer lab that contains the software you want to utilize. (The software is listed to the right of the lab name.)
- Upon clicking the appropriate computer lab, you will be automatically logged-in utilizing
your SUNY Plattsburgh username and password that was used in step 2. Upon successful
login you will be brought to the home screen of the remote computer.
- It is highly recommended to save all work often while using the remote computer by using Google Drive, which can be quickly accessed on the web via drive.plattsburgh.edu, while using any web browser on the remote computer.
- If printing is needed, please print your document to a PDF file and then upload by using Google Drive, which can be quickly accessed on the web via drive.plattsburgh.edu, while using any web browser on the remote computer.
- Connections to remote computers will timeout(disconnect) after one hour, which may result in a loss of work, if not saved before this point.
Log Out from Remote Computer
- Once you’re done utilizing the remote computer, please click the “Log Out” icon on the home screen to properly log out of the remote computer. By doing this,
you will free up the machine for other users to use remotely.