Eduroam is the secure — and free — worldwide roaming wireless access service developed for the international research and education community.
Worldwide Wireless Connections to our Campus Network
Eduroam allows students, faculty, staff, and visitors from other participating institutions to connect securely to the Internet when visiting other participating institutions. SUNY Plattsburgh campus members can securely use their existing campus login credentials to access wireless internet service at ANY campus that supports or is a member of eduroam.
Who can use Eduroam?
Any active faculty, staff, or student may use the service. Active faculty or staff are those listed as active by campus Human Resource Services. Active students are those that are enrolled in a course for the current or future semesters.
Where is Eduroam?
The eduroam service can be found at many universities in the United States, as well as abroad.
How-to Get Started
- On your Internet-enabled device, open the WiFi settings. In the list of available networks, select the eduroam signal.
- Enter your username and password at the prompt:
• For username, enter your full campus email address (your NetID along with “@plattsburgh.edu”)
• For password, enter your campus password (the same password you use to login to campus email, MyPlattsburgh, and Cardinal Cloud Google Apps).
- Confirm your access. We recommend that you confirm connectivity to the eduroam wireless signal here at SUNY Plattsburgh BEFORE visiting another participating institution. Once you are done testing the eduroam connection, switch back and stay connected to the “SUNY-Plattsburgh” wireless network while your still on campus; this network provides better performance.
You may be prompted to accept a security certificate the first time you use eduroam. Accept the security certificate to connect to the eduroam network.
Once your device is successfully configured and connected to the eduroam wireless network at SUNY Plattsburgh, it should connect automatically when you select the eduroam wireless signal at participating institutions.
- How-to Fix Connection Problems
- Need Support?
- A Few Notes of Caution