Cardinal Computer Care Services (CCCS)
An affordable plan to obtain thorough support services for a variety of computer equipment owned by students, faculty, and staff, exceptions apply.
- No extra charge for labor
- Computer hardware diagnosing & repair (non-warranty parts cost extra)
- Computer software troubleshooting, installation & configuration
- Computer hardware & software upgrades (parts & licensing may cost extra)
- Malware removal
- System optimization & general cleanups
- Operating system reloads
- Data backup and restoration services
- Best effort data recovery from ailing storage devices
- Device cleaning services
- Loaner Chromebooks, digital cameras and camcorders
- Exemplary phone support and troubleshooting
- In-Warranty support for Dell computers and select Macs
- Expert service and support from trained, experienced technicians
- Conveniently located at the ITS Helpdesk
The fee is less than what most service providers charge for just one hour of service.
Student Pricing — The cost of the fee is $55, which provides service coverage for one device, for the term of one semester. The device may be serviced multiple times during the coverage term. If another device requires service during the coverage term an additional CCCS fee is required. If CCCS coverage is purchased after the fourth week of the semester the cost of the fee is $65.
Faculty/Staff Pricing — The cost of the fee is $81, which provides service coverage for one device, for the term of one semester. For $162, service coverage for one device is extended to a full year. The device may be serviced multiple times during the coverage term. If another device requires service during the coverage term an additional CCCS fee is required.
- Sign Up Today!
The fee is already included as an optional fee in your college bill. To sign up, simply leave it on your bill. If you don't wish to sign up right now, you can do so at any time during the semester by simply adding this charge to your student accounts bill. However, we encourage you to sign up before the semester starts, as the fee rate will increase to $65 after the fourth week of each semester.
Faculty/Staff & Emeriti
- Login to the MyPlattsburgh portal with your campus NetID and password. Select the Employee Services tab.
- On the right, under Employee Online Services, select Cardinal Computer Care to enter our secure online payment system.
- Choose your enrollment type (one semester or a full year) and enter your personal computer make and model.
Alumni and volunteers are not eligible for Cardinal Computer Care Services.
- Repair Expectations
- Refund Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does CCCS cover Mac or PC?
- Do you have purchase recommendations for specific brands?
- If my computer breaks why shouldn’t I bring it to an off-campus computer repair facility?
- If my computer is not under warranty, do you sell parts to fix it?
- What happens if I pay the fee and do not use it?
- If I have more than one device, can I bring them in for service?
- If my friend paid the fee, but I did not, can they submit my device under their account?
- Can I bring a printer?
- If I buy a computer from the Campus Store, does the CCCS fee come with it?