Applying for Graduate Admission
Applications to all graduate programs at SUNY Plattsburgh are processed by the graduate admissions office in Plattsburgh, New York.
How to Apply for a Graduate Program
Step 1: Complete and Submit the Graduate Admissions Application
- This application should be the first document you submit — do not wait for letters of recommendation, transcripts or other required documents to arrive to submit the application.
- Within 72 hours of submitting your application, you will receive access to your application portal via email which will allow you to upload additional documents and track the progress of your application.
Step 2: Submit Additional Application Documents
- Additional application documents required are program specific and can be found below.
- Official transcripts must be submitted directly from your prior institution via electronic upload or mail. All prior college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate, if applicable) are required.
Step 3: Attend a Faculty Interview
- Interviews will be coordinated with you by your program faculty.
- Not all programs require interviews. If your program requires an interview it will be listed within the required application documents below.
Step 4: Check your Admissions Portal and Email for Updates
- Once an admissions decision has been made, you will be notified via email.
- You can always check your admissions portal for status updates on missing checklist items or your admissions decision.
Additional items may be needed for your application based on program. These documents can be submitted after submitting the primary graduate admissions application above.
Choose Your Program
- Adolescence Education, Grades 7–12 M.S.T.
- Childhood Education, Grades 1–6 M.S.T.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S.
- Communication Disorders Post-Bachelor’s Certificate
- Data Analytics M.S.
- Fitness & Wellness Leadership M.S. — 100% Online
- Natural Resources & Ecology M.S.
- School Building Leader C.A.S. — 100% Online
- School District Leader Certificate — 100% Online
- School Psychology M.A./C.A.S.
- Special Education Grades 7–12 Graduate Certificate — 100% Online
- Special Education M.S.Ed.
- Speech-Language Pathology M.A.
- Student Affairs & Higher Education M.S.
- Teacher Leadership Certificate — 100% Online