Fitness & Wellness Leadership Master’s
100% Online Master’s Program
Our master’s degree in fitness and wellness leadership addresses the challenge of busy working professionals or for those who have limited time to attend courses at a traditional on-site campus.
What Will I Learn?
- Advanced exercise science and training
- Learn business management techniques
Our courses were created with input from industry professionals, internship affiliates, and national organizations. The program is for both those starting a career in the emerging fitness, health, and wellness industry and those who are already actively involved in the industry. Our coursework integrates exercise science (biomechanics, physiology, exercise program design), resistance/strength training, certification preparation, and fitness management/business concepts (accounting, marketing, and management) — synthesized into a logical, progressive learning sequence.
The graduate program specifically addresses the needs of the public and employers by combining the fundamentals of exercise science with the essential components of a business curriculum to prepare students for careers as personal trainers, sports performance and strength/conditioning instructors, directors, general managers, health and fitness business owners, wellness consultants or future college faculty members.
You will have the opportunity to prepare for ACSM-Certified Personal trainer, NSCA-CSCS, MFA-Fitness Facility Director, Senior Fitness Association Certifications, and others.
What is Unique About Our Program?
We require no class-time on campus. All 13 courses are 100% fully online, allowing you to live anywhere while completing the degree. In addition, you can choose to do an optional internship that allows you to work with faculty on selecting a site that matches your area of focus, close to your home or city of interest.
- All courses can be completed online to fit your busy work and personal schedule
- Only 10 courses are required to complete the degree
- Choose to study part-time or full-time
- Most students graduate in 1 to 1.5 years
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The program combines a theoretical framework with training skills that are necessary to prepare you for certification testing from national organizations such as ACSM, NSCA, and others.
Graduates may work in organizations that include:
- Medically-based fitness facilities
- Gyms/health clubs
- Personal training studios, yoga and Pilates studios
- Physical therapy clinics
- Strength and conditioning specialists
- Spas and wellness facilities
- Corporate fitness and wellness centers
- Senior centers
- Sports performance facilities
- College/university recreational centers
- YMCAs and other non-profit fitness and health sites