Childhood Education Master’s, Grades 1–6
Classes 100% Online, Fieldwork In Person
The M.S.T. childhood education program is a 42 credit hour graduate program leading to initial New York state certification for grades 1–6. The program can be completed in three semesters as a full-time student.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn to meet the educational needs of children in a dynamic world. This includes the interrelationship between academic content, pedagogical application, continued learning, and the moral and political considerations of working with children.
Depending on the curriculum of your bachelor’s program, you may have to complete additional undergraduate courses in your content area.
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Options. Whether you are looking to change careers with no previous coursework in education or are an in-service teacher looking to obtain certification and further your career, our faculty mentors are here to guide you.
- Earn your degree close to home and on your schedule. You will complete your coursework asynchronously online while conducting field work in approved 1–6 school placements that match the teaching certification of pursuit. All fieldwork must occur within New York state.
- Our Office of Clinical Practice makes early field and student teaching placements for you which means less stress. Learn more about fieldwork.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Professional opportunities for childhood education majors are growing. The graying of educators combined with an increasing number of children and a decrease in class size has created a shortage of teachers in most of the United States.
- Public schools of New York State
- Private schools across the United States
- States that have New York certification reciprocity.