Develop and apply the knowledge of child development and subject area content needed in the 21st century classroom, whether you want to be a teacher, school building leader or district leader.
Become a Teacher
We believe the best way to learn is to teach.
You will learn to:
- Plan, implement, and reflect on instruction that meet the diverse needs of students
- Develop knowledge and skills to assess and respond to student learning
- Create engaging and supportive learning communities
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Programs sequenced to build on what you’ve learned before — connecting the course material with your real-life experience
- Clinically rich experience — working in elementary or high school classrooms from your freshman or sophomore year straight through to graduation continually updated and redesigned to reflect the latest research and emerging trends
Careers in Teaching
- Birth–Grade 2 elementary school teacher
- Grade 1–Grade 6 elementary school teacher
- Grade 7–Grade 12 secondary school teacher
- Birth–Grade 2 special education teacher
- Grade 1–Grade 6 special education teacher
- Grade 7–Grade 12 special education teacher
- Birth–Grade 6 literacy specialist/coach
- Birth–Grade 6 academic intervention service (AIS) provider