Childhood Education Major
Develop and apply knowledge of child development, subject area content, and teach students in the 21st century elementary classroom.
What Will I Learn?
- How to plan, implement and reflect on instruction that meets the diverse needs of students
- Develop your knowledge and skills to assess and respond to student learning
- To create engaging and supportive learning communities
What is Unique About Our Program?
- More than 400 hours of supervised early field experience in Project CONNECT and local classrooms from first semester first year prior to student teaching
- Integration of literacy, special education, technology and multicultural competencies
- Collaborative approach to team planning and teaching for student cohorts
- Foundation for continuation into combined B.S.Ed and M.S.Ed graduate programs
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The undergraduate childhood education program will fulfill degree requirements for an initial teacher certification in childhood education (grades 1–6) from the New York State Education Department.
- Elementary school teachers in both public and private schools