Accreditation & Certification Exam Pass Rates
SUNY Plattsburgh teacher education accreditation goals, themes and pass rates.
Plattsburgh’s Teacher Education programs are designed to prepare competent, qualified, and caring teachers for tomorrow’s schools. The programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (national accreditation) for a period of seven years, from October 2014 to October 2021.
Accreditation & Exam Performance Information
SUNY Plattsburgh is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), a national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The programs listed below have been awarded full accreditation by AAQEP through June 30, 2028. Full accreditation acknowledges that a program prepares effective educators who continue to grow as professionals and has demonstrated the commitment and capacity to maintain quality.
AAQEP-Accredited Programs in the SUNY Plattsburgh Education Unit
- B.S., Childhood Education, Grades 1–6
- B.S./M.S.Ed., Childhood and Literacy Education, Grades B–6
- B.S./M.S.Ed., Childhood and Special Education, Grades B–6
- B.A./M.S.T., Adolescence Education, Grades 7–12
- M.S.T., Childhood Education, Grades 1–6
- M.S.T., Adolescence Education, Grades 7–12
- M.S.Ed., Special Education, Grades B–2, B–6, 1–6, and 7–12 Generalist
- Graduate Certificate in Special Education, Grades 7–12 Generalist
- Certificate of Advanced Studies, School Building Leader
- Certificate of Advanced Studies, School District Leader
- Certificate of Advanced Studies, Teacher Leader
- Accreditation Reports
- Current Plattsburgh Education Unit Certification Exam Performance 2021–2022