Dr. Rebecca Fox
Adjunct Lecturer of Accounting
Rebecca Fox operates her own private practice representing clients in local, state, and federal courts. Her general practice involves various areas of law such as civil litigation, criminal, family, wills and probate matters and real and personal property. Fox is involved in all aspects of a case from initial investigations through trial planning, pleadings, motions, memoranda, discovery, legal research and courtroom representation. A large portion of her practice includes researching and drafting briefs and arguing before the state appellate courts.
Fox is also a hearing examiner for the Clinton County Health Department, as well as a mediator trained through the New York State Mediation Training Program and is involved in the assistance of settling small claims matters pending trial in local courts. She is a New York State trained law guardian who is appointed to represent children and their interests in various court matters.
Fox graduated magna cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut and received Honors for Academic Excellence, Excellence in Clinical Work, as well as, Distinguished Academic Achievement Awards for Legal Drafting and Writing and New York Civil Procedure and Legal Skills.
After graduating from law school, she became a law clerk in the Connecticut Superior Court. In 2004, she relocated to Clinton County and began working as an associate attorney for O’Connell and Aronowitz, P.C. until she opened her own practice in 2006.
She also is an adjunct professor in the Communications Department teaching media law, copyright law and introduction to public speaking; is active in the local community; a member of a number of associations and sits on the Board of Directors of Behavioral Health Services North, Inc. in Plattsburgh.
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law
- B.A. in General Studies, SUNY Institute of Technology
- A.A.S. in Radio/Television Broadcasting, Herkimer County Community College
- State Bar Admissions: Connecticut 2001; New York 2002; North Carolina 2013
- Federal Bar Admissions:
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut – 2002
- U.S. Northern District of New York – 2009
- United States Supreme Court – 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Clinton County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York State Defenders Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association