School of Arts & Sciences
The School of Arts and Sciences is the largest division at SUNY Plattsburgh, with more than 250 full and part-time faculty in 23 academic departments and centers.
We are actively engaged in the scholarship of discovery, integration, application and teaching and provide vital service to the campus, community and discipline. With more than 50 different degree programs, most of the courses that make up the college’s general education program fall under arts and science.
The School of Arts and Sciences core liberal arts education develops students who can think critically, have mastered their discipline, can communicate effectively and are broadly educated. Faculty of the School of Arts and Sciences provide a supportive and encouraging learning environment for students.
Students may select a major field of study in the traditional disciplines of arts and sciences and in select professional and graduate programs and we provide ample opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond the classroom through internship, research and field studies.
Arts & Sciences in the News
- Plattsburgh film forum dedicated to late SUNY professor, Press-Republican, Oct. 19, 2022
- A professional photographer who is an underground filmmaker, Press-Republican, Oct. 19, 2022
- SUNY students help map local cemetery, The Sun, Sept. 29, 2022
- Alzheimer’s caregiver support initiative earns $8.2M grant, Press-Republican, May 4, 2022
- Holocaust Days of Remembrance returns to SUNY Plattsburgh, Press-Republican, Apr. 26, 2022
- SUNY Plattsburgh names new dean of arts, sciences, Press-Republican, Mar. 22, 2022