School of Arts & Sciences
The School of Arts and Sciences is the largest division at SUNY Plattsburgh, with more than 250 full and part-time faculty in 23 academic departments and centers.
We offer more than 50 different degree programs, and most of the courses that make up the college’s general education program fall under arts and science.
The faculty of the School of Arts and Sciences provides excellence in learning opportunities for all students at State University of New York College at Plattsburgh through a core liberal arts education that develops students who can think critically, have mastered their discipline, can communicate effectively and are broadly educated.
Students may select a major field of study in the traditional disciplines of arts and sciences and in select professional and graduate programs.
We provide opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond the classroom through internship, research, and field opportunities. The faculty of the School of Arts and Sciences provide a supportive and encouraging learning environment for students.
We are actively engaged in the scholarship of discovery, integration, application and teaching and provide vital service to the campus, community and discipline.
- Institute for Ethics in Public Life
- Dr. Mustafa Demir, Assistant Professor, Department of Criminal Justice
- Dr. Beth Dixon, Professor & Chair, Department of Philosophy
- Dr. Shawna Mefferd Kelty, Associate Professor & Chair of Theatre
- Dr. Stephen Light, Professor, Department of Sociology
- Dr. Justin Lowry, Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology
- Dr. Charles McCoy, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology
- Dr. Richard Robbins, Professor & Chair, Department of Anthropology
- Dr. Jonathan Slater, Professor & Chair, Department of Journalism & Public Relations
- Dr. Rajesh Sunasee, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Dr. Kelly Theisen, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry