Summer & Winter Sessions
Summer and winter sessions are the perfect time to catch up or get ahead on credits, improve your GPA and learn unique skills. You will also benefit from small classes and face time with professors — and being able to focus on fewer courses than you would during a normal semester.
Summer Sessions: Three Convenient Options
Summer session registration begins April 4, 2022 for matriculated students.
Session A: May 31, 2022 – June 10, 2022
This two-week intensive session permits you to complete up to three credit hours by the beginning of June. This is a great session to attend if you want to take a course during summer session, but have to return to your hometown or work full-time throughout the summer. View Course Schedule.
Session B: June 13, 2022 – July 15, 2022
This session allows you to finish one or more courses before mid-summer. The majority of SUNY Plattsburgh’s course offerings take place in Session B. View Course Schedule.
Session C: July 18, 2022 – Aug. 19, 2022
This session accommodates students who prefer mid-summer study. View Course Schedule.
Summer Session 2022 Important Dates & Deadlines
Winter Session — Two Convenient Options
Five-week Courses: Dec. 27, 2021 – Jan. 28, 2022
Winter Session online courses will begin on Dec. 27, 2021 and end on Jan. 28, 2022; however, since some courses are fewer than three credits they can be scheduled in a variety of ways. Please refer to Banner Web for the exact course dates.
Three-week Courses: Jan. 10 – 28, 2022
Winter Session courses will be held from Jan. 10 – 28. Please refer to the Banner Web for exact course dates.
Winter Session 2021–22 Important Dates & Deadlines
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many credits can I take during a session?
- Can I take more than one course at a time?
- Registration Access & Instructions
- Is housing available?
- Is food service available?
- When will my session bill be available?
- How do I pay my bill?
- Do I need to apply to the college to take a course?
- Do I have to be a student at SUNY Plattsburgh to take a course?
- What if I have questions about a course
- How do I find out about my grades?
- Where do I purchase course textbooks?
- How do I withdraw from a course?
- Am I liable for tuition even if I don’t attend a course?