Obtaining SUNY Plattsburgh Transcripts & Enrollment Verification
SUNY Plattsburgh enlists Parchment to offer transcript services for the convenience of our students and alumni when requesting official transcripts.
An official academic transcript may be processed only if requested by the student.
Obtaining an Official or Unofficial Transcript
Transcript Types: Official & Unofficial
- Physical official transcripts are printed on tamper-evident, watermarked paper and delivered to the recipient in a sealed, signature stamped envelope. If the envelope’s seal is broken by anyone other than the intended recipient it is no longer considered official.
- Electronic official transcripts are sent via email utilizing a secured .PDF format directly to the intended recipient. Forwarding an officially emailed transcript voids its official status.
- Unofficial transcripts are unavailable to graduates prior to 1986. If you graduated prior to 1986, you must request an official transcript.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered unofficial.
Notarized (Apostille) Documents
Apostille Definition: According to The Hague Convention, an “Apostille” is a document such as a diploma or academic transcript authenticated for foreign use. The authentication process requires various seals placed on the document(s) from a notary, the notary’s county clerk, and the NYS Department of State.
The student is responsible for providing the documents to be notarized and must submit payment for the amount of $3 per page to be notarized. Once the student receives the authenticated documents, it is their responsibility to submit these documents to the New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services Apostille and Authentication Unit.
If only the diploma needs to be notarized/authenticated, complete the online Apostille Request Form. If both the diploma and transcript need to be notarized/authenticated, please notify the registrar’s office by emailing [email protected] or by calling 518-564-2100 to determine how many pages the transcript contains and to receive instructions on how to order the transcript.
- The SUNY Plattsburgh notary is licensed in Clinton County and provides services free of charge. Once SUNY Plattsburgh’s notary completes the transaction, the documents are delivered to the Clinton County Clerk’s office to be authenticated where the charge is $3 per page.
- The notarized/authenticated form is returned to the student for additional processing through the New York Department of State. The charge is $10 per document. Visit: New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services Apostille and Authentication Unit. We recommend mailing documents return/receipt requested.
Insurance companies, scholarship programs, lenders or other third parties may require you to provide an enrollment verification.
Our official enrollment verification service is offered through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). This is a free service available 24/7. Current enrollment or all enrollments can be requested from the student self-service site of the National Student Clearinghouse.
If you are a newly admitted student and you have not started classes yet you will need to contact our registrar’s office staff to receive your enrollment verification. You can email us at [email protected]