Summer In Plattsburgh
When you arrive in August to move in, you'll have lots of options of things to do. Here’s how to make the most of the Plattsburgh summer.
Fun In the Sun
A few student favorites:
- Plattsburgh City Beach: Check out more than a mile of sandy beach on Lake Champlain with a snack bar, kayak rentals and even a dog park!
- City of Plattsburgh Events: Enjoy the Battle of Plattsburgh celebrations and other downtown favorites.
- Strand Center for the Arts: Explore the Strand, Plattsburgh's oldest theatre - built in 1924! The theatre has been restored and through the Center, offers lots of shows, exhibits and live music year-round & within walking distance of campus.
- Blue Trails: Explore the riverside trail system near our campus, complete with fire pits.
- Poke-O-Moonshine Mountain: This favorite local hike is off of I-87 at Exit 33. Climb the fire tower at the summit for the perfect Instagram.
- Point Au Roche State Park: Drive 15 minutes north of Plattsburgh on Route 9 to trails, beaches and picnic areas at Point Au Roche.
- High Peaks Region: Southwest of Plattsburgh, the highest mountains in New York dominate the Adirondack skyline. Hike a High Peak or take a mellow stroll to a waterfall like Roaring Brook Falls.