Acquisition & Receiving
Outlines the steps for purchasing and receiving RAMI Assets.
For more information on this procedure, contact management services.
- 1.0 Purpose
- 2.0 Related Policies
- 3.0 Revision History
- 4.0 Units & Persons Affected
- 5.0 Definitions
Type Subtypes Purchasing Method Receiving Items of Supply N/A Procurement Card May be received directly by department Equipment (Assets) Low-Risk Assets Procurement Card May be received directly by department Equipment (Assets) High-Risk Assets Procurement Card May be received directly by department Equipment (Assets) RAMI Assets Purchase Order Should be received by the Warehouse
Please note: This procedure outlines the steps for purchasing and receiving RAMI Assets. For RAMI Assets being donated or fabricated, see the relevant sections below.
- Department completes a Purchase Requisition for New Equipment, obtains necessary approvals,
and forwards with supporting documentation to the Purchasing Department.
- Note: Research Foundation Purchases should be sent to the Office of Sponsored Research, which will perform the steps listed instead of Purchasing.
- Upon receipt, Purchasing will process the Purchase Requisition to convert to a Purchase Order.
- Purchasing will complete the P101 form and will email to the Warehouse and the PCC.
- Note: If the Asset is going to be delivered to the branch campus, the form should be also be sent to the Branch Campus Equipment Coordinator, which will complete most P101 Steps and forwarded P101 to the Warehouse and PCC. Warehouse will send RAMI Tag.
- Upon receipt of the P101 form, the Warehouse will add all information from the P101 to Inventory Log regardless of where the equipment is going to be delivered.
- When the item is received, the Warehouse will put a Rami Asset Tag on the item. If the Item is received at the Branch Campus the Branch Campus Equipment Coordinator will fill out electronic P101 form and make arrangements with Warehouse Receiving to provide a tag to be placed on equipment
- After tagging the RAMI Asset, the Warehouse will complete its Section of the P101 form and will email it to the PCC.
- Upon Receipt of the P101 form, Accounts Payable will check SUNY Financials to see if the item on the form has been paid or not. The item will need to have a check# and date.
- If equipment item has not been paid then Accounts Payable will hold the P101 form until payment has been finalized.
- When the equipment is paid, Accounts Payable will enter the invoice#, invoice date, and check date onto the P101 form.
- Accounts Payable will enter the P101 form information into RAMI
- Upon entry into RAMI, Accounts Payable will file a copy of the P101 form with the paid voucher in Accounts Payable and will give the P101 form with a copy of the paid voucher sheet and invoice sheet to the PCC.
- Maintain a copy of the completed P101 form for Research Foundation and Gift/Donations to the college.
- The PCC will review the completed P101 form.
Department identifies need and purchases High-Risk Asset using their Procurement Card.
- When received, the Equipment Coordinator must tag the High-Risk Asset with a Red Tag.
- The Equipment Coordinator should log the new High-Risk Asset on their departmental High-Risk Asset Log.
Property that is being donated to the campus must be approved by the Vice President for Administration and Finance in accordance with the college’s Acceptance of Gifts in Kind Policy (See Appendix). Donated property must be tagged and reported to the PCC, for inclusion in RAMI if the fair market value at the time of donation is $5,000 or more.
The department receiving the donation/gift is to coordinate with the PCC as soon as possible. The PCC needs specific information from the department to create a P101 form. This form has the information which the PCC forwards to Accounts Payable to be entered into RAMI as another equipment item on inventory
Fabricated property must be tagged and reported to the PCC for inclusion in RAMI if valued at $5,000 or more.
- Department completes a Purchase Requisition for New Equipment, obtains necessary approvals, and forwards with supporting documentation to the Purchasing Department.
- 7.0 Forms
- 8.0 Appendix