Providing resources to facilitate proper and timely reporting of equipment transactions and safeguard against loss.
Our campus cannot function without equipment, such as copiers, microscopes, and computers. To assist the campus with overseeing its property, the college has designated equipment coordinators within each department.
Although equipment coordinators are charged with performing the inventory of such items and other assets, we all have a responsibility to communicate changes about campus property.
Equipment Coordinator Resources
Equipment Coordinator’s Role
The equipment coordinator plays an important role in each department by:
- Ensuring the location of department equipment.
- Performing a physical inventory.
- Keeping the property control coordinator informed of changes to property inventory, such as a new purchase, transfers, surplus, or disposal of equipment.
- Equipment Coordinator Training
- Locate an Equipment Coordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
What form do I use for moving property/equipment on campus?When moving a piece of property or equipment on campus, please work with your equipment coordinator to complete the Asset Relocation Form.
- How do I dispose of old equipment when it has a SUNY barcode?
- How do I dispose of poor or scrap condition equipment?
- Can I accept a gift/donation to a department?
- I am no longer an Equipment Coordinator, who needs to know this?
- How do I get a SUNY barcode on a piece of equipment?
- Why is the High Risk equipment log important?
- After an exhaustive search, I still cannot locate an equipment item. Now what?
- How do I get the list of my department’s equipment on inventory?
- What do I do when the SUNY barcode is difficult to read, damaged, or missing?
- Who handles issues with campus owned furniture?