A wide range of services are offered at our center. In addition, the Student Health and Counseling Center is less than one mile from the regional medical center, Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH), part of the UVM Health Network.
The Student Health and Counseling Center is committed to enhancing and supporting our students’ goals by minimizing health related issues and by promoting wellness and healthy living. Our center provides high quality primary care and is accredited by AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care).
Primary Care Services
These are some of the primary care services that we provide which are covered under the mandatory student health fee:
- Medical care delivered by board certified family physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners & nurses
- Evaluation and treatment for acute illness
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic medical illnesses
- Follow-up of chronic medical illnesses in collaboration with your medical provider at home
- Nicotine cessation counseling
- Reproductive health exams, counseling, and contraception prescriptions
- Screening, treatment, and referrals for psychological disorders
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Consultation (PrEP) for HIV prevention
- Blood pressure screening
- Transgender hormonal therapy
- Suturing/stapling and removal
- Wound care
Other Services Offered
Health Center Patient Portal
All student must register with the Patient Portal in order to access medical records. The portal is a secure site that allows students to upload documents, ask questions, request prescription refills, view test results and other documents as well as allowing students to message their medical providers. To access the portal, you will need your SUNY Plattsburgh NetID and Password. Please click the link below to access your Patient Portal:
If this is your first time using the Patient Portal, you will be asked to set up your account.
Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
A Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is mandated by the State University of New York (SUNY) Board of Trustees for each SUNY campus. SUNY Plattsburgh’s SHAC has played an integral part in contributing to and enhancing the services provided by the Student Health & Counseling services. For several years, members of SHAC have been actively involved in reviewing the Health & Counseling Fee budget and have recommended programs, services and initiatives that best meet the needs of the student body.