Flexible / Creative / Career-Oriented
English at SUNY Plattsburgh gives you the freedom to do what you want. With multiple programs to choose from, you can grow in all sorts of ways:
- Writing arts major
- Literature major
- English language arts major (teaching)
- English language arts major with master’s in adolescence education and public school certification
- Professional writing certificate
- Film minor
- English minor
- First-year composition program (written expression Gen Ed)
Whatever you choose, it’s flexible, it’s creative, it’s career-oriented.
Meet Juan Soriano. English major. Class of 2017.
Now he's a teacher in Manhattan’s Urban Assembly Media School. We think Juan is a pretty good example of some of the things you’ll love about studying English here:
- Flexible: The English major gives you the freedom to configure your degree to suit your interests and goals.
- Creative: Novels, short stories, poetry, memoir, films, and on and on. Take your pick. You’ll be in small classes with amazing writers and teachers.
- Career: Students in our literature program have gone on to careers in law, PR, business and grad school. Our writing arts grads publish their own books and work in the publishing industry. Our English language arts majors teach in New York schools.
- Be Smart. Be like Juan. Or just be you :)