Professional Writing Certificate
The professional writing certificate program offers students the opportunity to enhance both writing skills and the marketability of those skills in professional settings.
What Will I Learn?
- How to write different types of professional documents, such as grant proposals, annual reports, self-studies, mission statements
- How to design web content for maximum effect
- How to utilize social media effectively within a professional setting
- How to improve writing style
- How to work independently and collaboratively in workplace settings
What is Unique About Our Program?
This certificate enhances any major by equipping you with skill sets that strengthen marketability. The certificate is also open to area professionals who seek to sharpen their writing skills.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The professional writing skills you develop will broaden your marketability in any field that requires writing, communication, and data management. Our graduates go into a diverse range of fields including, but not limited to the following:
- Professional writing, including journalism, technical writing and copywriting
- Publishing and editing
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Business and management
- Marketing and advertising
- Public relations