Academic Progress Review
We understand that difficult circumstances or poor choices can impact your academic standing. Academic progress review is the college’s way of ensuring that students meet our minimum academic standards and make timely progress toward degree completion (i.e., graduating within four years).
You Have Two Grade Point Averages (GPAs)
- Each term, you have a semester GPA that reflects the average of grades you earned for only that given semester.
- You also have what is called a cumulative GPA, which is the overall average for all grades you earned throughout your history at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- For a first semester transfer or first-year student, the semester and cumulative GPA will be the same.
- Note: Grades earned at other institutions do not calculate into your Plattsburgh GPA.
- Find Your GPA:
- You have 24/7 access to track your semester and cumulative GPA.
- From your MyPlattsburgh home page, Students tab, you’ll see links to “My Final Grades,” “My Transcript,” and “SUNY Degree Works Login.”
- What happens if my GPA falls below 2.0?
- You will be informed if you are under Academic Progress Review.
- If I’m under academic review, what do I do first?
- Do I automatically get a second chance?
- What if I’m taking summer or winter session classes?
- When are decisions made? When will I know?