SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Reaccreditation was awarded for eight years in June 2022 and the next site visit will occur in Spring 2030. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The institution is authorized by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York and has been a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) since 2017. More information is available by contacting:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
1007 North Orange Street
4th Floor, MB #166
Wilmington, DE 19801
Learn about the Campus Re-Accreditation Process
Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York
Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
5 North Mezzanine
Albany, NY 12234
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
3005 Center Green Drive, Suite 130
Boulder CO 80301
Programs with Additional Accreditation or Certification
Many academic programs at SUNY Plattsburgh hold subject-specific accreditation or certification, including:
- Business and economics programs by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), next review 2026–2027.
- Chemistry by the American Chemical Society (ACS), next review Spring 2026.
- Counselor education by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP), next review Fall 2029.
- Nutrition by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), next review 2022.
- Nursing by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), next review 2022–2023.
- School psychology by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), next review 2027–2028.
- Social work by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), next review 2029.
- Speech-language pathology by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), next review 2028.
- Teacher education by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), next review Spring 2028.