Middle States Re-Accreditation
SUNY Plattsburgh is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The college completed its Self-Study Report in early 2022 and hosted a site visit by a peer review team in April as part of the re-accreditation process. The campus was last re-accredited in June 2012.
The regular review process prescribed by Middle States provides campuses an opportunity for self-assessment, to reflect on its values, mission and vision, and review a range of other areas in an inclusive and substantive manner.
This web page is home to key aspects of this multi-year process and is updated periodically.
To maintain accreditation from Middle States, an institution must demonstrate it meets the Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation. Compliance is expected to be continuous and is validated periodically.
A major component of our accreditation review was a self-study process, which began in 2020. This represented the views and perspectives from a breadth of stakeholders and reflected the varied perspectives of our diverse campus.
Read the college’s Self-Study Report here.
- Standard I: Mission & Goals
- Standard II: Ethics & Integrity
- Standard III: Design & Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Standard IV: Support of the Student Experience
- Standard V: Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- Standard VI: Planning, Resources, & Institutional Improvement
- Standard VII: Governance, Leadership, & Administration