Middle States Re-Accreditation
SUNY Plattsburgh, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, is preparing for its next review by the regional association. The campus was reaccredited for 10 years in June 2012.
The regular review process is prescribed by Middle States. It provides campuses an opportunity for self-assessment, to reflect on its values, mission and vision, and a way to review a range of other areas in an inclusive and substantive manner.
To maintain accreditation from Middle States, an institution must demonstrate it meets the Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation. Compliance is expected to be continuous and is validated periodically.
A major component of our accreditation review is a self-study process, which began in 2020. This represents the views and perspectives from a breadth of stakeholders and reflects the varied perspectives of our diverse campus.
The final self-study report will be submitted to a team of Middle States peer-reviewers in advance of their site visit to SUNY Plattsburgh in 2022. This web page is home to key aspects of this multi-year process and will be updated throughout the period.
- Standard I: Mission & Goals
- Standard II: Ethics & Integrity
- Standard III: Design & Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Standard IV: Support of the Student Experience
- Standard V: Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- Standard VI: Planning, Resources, & Institutional Improvement
- Standard VII: Governance, Leadership, & Administration