Enrollment & Student Success
The Division of Enrollment and Student Success and its departments are here to support every student’s entire collegiate experience.
SUNY Plattsburgh has our students’ well-being and success at the forefront. The CARE Committee is a team of college staff members from a wide range of offices, meeting weekly to facilitate communication, and develop support strategies for students who may be struggling personally, as well as those who may impact the health and safety of the college community at large. Called Behavior Assessment Teams (BAT), or Behavior Intervention Teams (BIT) on other campuses, our committee name reflects the true nature of the supportive culture of our campus.
From time to time our CARE Committee hosts educational workshops aimed at helping faculty and staff in identifying and intervening in student mental health or emotional concerns and informing them of campus resources that can assist them and their students.
Any member of the campus community who has a concern about the well being of any student should take steps to assist them in accessing the help they may need. Direct referrals to the appropriate office can be made or a report can be made through Cardinal Star.
In cases where a person may pose an imminent risk of violence to self or others, please contact University Police at 518-564-2022 immediately.
Members of the CARE Committee are:
- Larry Allen, Director of Student Conduct
- Dr. Elizabeth Bernat, Interim Director of Academic Advising
- Dr. Kathleen Camelo, Director of Student Health and Counseling Center
- Dr. Michele Carpentier, Asst. VP for Enrollment and Student Success
- Cori Jackson, Interim Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success
- Steve Matthews, Interim Dean of Students
- Christy Minck, Assistant Director of the Counseling Center
- Seth Silver, University Police Investigator
SUNY Plattsburgh and the students are my life and my life’s mission.
The Enrollment & Student Success Office
Sports, Fitness & Athletics
Centers & Offices
- Angell College Center
- Campus Housing and Community Living
- Career Development Center
- Center for Student Involvement
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Emergency Management
- Event Management
- Fraternity/Sorority Life
- Global Education Office (GEO)
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Support Services
- Student Health & Counseling Center
- Student Mail Center
- Student Orientation
- University Police
- Upward Bound