Information for Non-Matriculated Students
A non-matriculated student is a student who is not currently enrolled in a degree program.
How to Register For Courses
Step 1: Apply
Complete and submit the online Non-Matriculated Student Registration Form before the published start date. The online form is submitted directly and requires no further action.
Step 2: Receive Registration Approval
The registrar's office will forward an email to you after your application is processed. The email will provide your assigned date and time to access Banner Web to complete the registration process. All applications must be received at least two business days prior to the start date of classes.
- Winter 2021: non-matriculated student registration begins Nov. 2, 2021 (10 a.m.) for all three summer sessions. Registration deadline for 5 week courses: Dec. 27, 2020 (11:30 p.m.) and for 3 week courses: Jan. 5, 2021 (11:30 p.m.).
- Spring 2021: non-matriculated student registration begins Jan. 4, 2021 (10 a.m.) through Jan. 31, 2021 (11:30 p.m.).
Step 3: Register on Banner Web
- Non-matriculated students register for classes on a space-available basis. SUNY Plattsburgh reserves the right to deny entry to a class if a non-matriculated student does not meet the prerequisite or other established registration criteria.
- Non-matriculated students may register for a maximum of 11 credit hours each semester (fall/spring).
- Non-matriculated graduate students who plan to matriculate into a graduate program may apply a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours accrued as a non-matriculated student toward a graduate program. We strongly recommend that you discuss your plans with an adviser in the appropriate department before taking any courses.
- Register for courses on Banner Web once your application is approved. Banner Web registration instructions are listed below.
Note: These documents require Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Winter 2021
- Spring 2021
Banner Web Online Registration Instructions
- Go to MyPlattsburgh.
- Login with your NetID and Password.
- Click on Student Services menu tab.
- Under Registrar, click on Lookup Courses to Add.
- Select term (Winter 2021 or Spring 2021).
- Click Advanced Search.
- Select course subject or other search criteria and press the Class Search button.
- Check the box next to the desired course(s), scroll to end of page, and submit changes.
Banner Web Registration Assistance
Guidebooks are available for those who need help registering for courses at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Registration-related forms can be found by visiting the Registrar Forms page.
|Length of Course||1st Day||2nd Day||1st Week||2nd Week||3rd Week||4th Week||5th Week|
|1 week class||100%||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 week class||100%||100%||20%||0||0||0||0|
|3 week class||100%||100%||35%||0||0||0||0|
|4 week class||100%||100%||50%||0||0||0||0|
|5 week class||100%||100%||100%||25%||0||0||0|
|6 week class||100%||100%||100%||30%||0||0||0|
|7 week class||100%||100%||100%||35%||0||0||0|
|8 week class||100%||100%||100%||40%||20%||0||0|
|9 week class||100%||100%||100%||45%||25%||0||0|
|10 week class||100%||100%||100%||50%||30%||0||0|
|11 week class||100%||100%||100%||55%||35%||0||0|
|12 week class||100%||100%||100%||60%||40%||0||0|