Civility and Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the Fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents, and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health…
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination..
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit “You Made a Difference” Recognition Nomination Form.
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles, and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources
January 2020 Nominees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees – students, faculty, and staff – who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Kathryn Alton, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Nicole Anctil, Financial Aid
- Gary Barnaby, Maintenance Trades
- William Barnaby, Maintenance Trades
- Rebecca Barnes, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Megan Benner, Student in Child Ed 1-6 STEM B.S./M.S.Ed.
- David Blankenship, Computer Information Systems
- Bonnie Boadway-Gonyea,strong> Admissions
- Michelle Bonati, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Aubrey Bresett, Institutional Advancement
- Schonazon Brewer, Central Heating Plant
- Cassandra Burl, Academic Affairs
- Christopher Ciccone, Computer Information Systems
- Joshua Coons, University Police
- Laura Cronk, Student Support Services
- Michael Currier, Printing & Duplicating Center
- Stephen Danna, SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury, Branch Campus
- Cheryl Datkun, Computer Information Systems
- Vera Delorme, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Annette Demarais, Financial Aid
- John Drollette, Maintenance Trades
- Ashley Durocher, Student Support Services
- Patrick Farrell, Maint. & Operations Ctr (MOC)
- Brianne Ford, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Amy Gervich, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Shawn Gregory, Moving Crew
- Magdalena Hertel, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Emily Hoeh, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Nancy Hoyland, Maint. & Operations Ctr (MOC)
- Janis Krug, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Sasha LaHart, Center for Neurobehavioral Health
- Sherri LaValley, Budget & Financial Reporting Serv
- Koby Lapier, Maintenance Trades
- Jessica Lashway, Registrar
- Barbara Leonard, Student Accounts
- Alyssa McGovern, Classroom & Customer Support Serv
- Kelli Miller, Psychology
- Jean Mockry, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Ryan Pedersen, Student in Child Ed 1–6 Interdisc B.S./M.S.Ed.
- Nicole Powers, Nursing
- Alison Puliatte, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Jonathan Roberts, Moving Crew
- Heidi Schnackenberg, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Patrick Schnell, Registrar
- Darlene Senecal, Janitorial
- Jill Silver, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Maureen Squires, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.T. Prg
- Michelle Timmons, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Zoe Tyler, Marketing
- Adam Valk, Moving Crew
- Ashley Waldron, Admissions
- Yong Yu, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
"You Made a Difference" Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.