Civility and Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the Fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents, and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
“Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health...”
Cardinals Care "You Made a Difference" Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination..
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our "You Made a Difference" Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit "You Made a Difference" Recognition Nomination Form (PDF file size 325 KB).
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles, and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources (PDF file size 245KB)
August 2018 Nominees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month's nominees – students, faculty, and staff – who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Carol Bleaux, Classroom & Customer Support Services
- Kathleen Camelo, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Counseling Center Staff
- Barbara Criss, Classroom & Customer Support Services
- Michael Currier, Printing & Duplicating Center
- Ethel Facteau, Library
- Kristie Gonyea, Classroom & Customer Support Services
- Kimberly Hall-Stone, Art
- Jacqueline LaDuke Beyer, Janitorial
- Monica Lattrell, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Susan Lezon, Art
- Shatawndra Lister, Admissions
- Reggie Macquesten, Telecommunications
- Andrew Maliniak, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Alyssa McGovern, Classroom & Customer Support Services
- Samantha Nelson, student in Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Amos Olasoji, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Dean Savage, Central Heating Plant
- Carol Shuttleworth, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Daniel Snyder, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Susan Welch, Human Resource Services
- Lorene Whittington, Janitorial
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
"You Made a Difference"Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.