Civility & Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health.
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit “You Made a Difference” Recognition Nomination Form.
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources
March 2021 Honorees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees — students, faculty and staff — who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Amos Agoney, Campus Dining
- Sharimila Ambrose, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Suzanna Bartlett, Academic Affairs
- Carol Bleaux, Classroom and Customer Support Serv
- Wilfred Boudrieau, Warehouse
- Sean Brennan, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Aubrey Bresett, Institutional Advancement
- Cornal Brinson, Janitorial
- Cassandra Burl, Academic Affairs
- Jacob Corron, Janitorial
- KC Czermerys, Student in Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S.
- Paul Deal, Counseling and Human Services
- Gerianne Downs, President’s Office
- Kathleen Duffy, Admissions
- Mackenzie Dumas, Admissions
- Lauren Eastwood, Sociology
- Employees of Campus Food and Dining Services
- Employees of Library and Information Technology Services (LITS)
- Elizabeth Everett, Janitorial
- Eric Forand, University Police
- Kenneth Gebo, Maintenance Trades
- William Giddings, Janitorial
- Kim Gillette, Mail Center
- April Gonyea, Registrar
- Ariel Goodman Williams, Counseling and Human Services
- Shawn Gregory, Moving Crew
- Beth King, Janitorial
- Josee Larochelle, Administration and Finance
- Jessica Lashway, Registrar
- Mary Leclair, Campus Dining
- Kerry Lubold, Financial Aid
- Leanne Macey, Sociology
- Becky McCasland, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Penny McQuinn, Counseling and Human Services
- Chelynne Morley, Maint. and Operations Ctr (MOC)
- Elin O'Hara, Feinberg Library
- Wayne Peete, Central Heating Plant
- Sarah Reyell, Human Resource Services
- Sarah Richard, Institutional Advancement
- Laura Rosenbrock, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Jill Silver, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Gerald Tenenbaum, Janitorial
- Portia Turco, Counseling and Human Services
- Evelyn Vicencio, College Auxiliary Services
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
“You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.