Civility & Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
The State University of New York at Plattsburgh (SUNY Plattsburgh) recognizes that productivity, well-being, and job satisfaction are contingent on the workplace environment. Through civility, mutual respect, open communication, cooperation and support, SUNY Plattsburgh strives to foster a safe, respectful workplace to promote the highest quality performance out of all members. This expectation also extends beyond the place of work to locations where state employees are representing SUNY Plattsburgh and/or performing their work-related duties and responsibilities.
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.
- To Nominate a Fellow Cardinal: Submit online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
November 2022 Honorees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees — students, faculty and staff — who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Jeidy Aloi, Student in Nursing B.S.
- Laraib Asim, Student in Accounting B.S.
- Jacob Avery, Center for Student Involvement
- Suzanna Bartlett, Academic Affairs
- Emma Bartscherer, Branch Campus
- Michelle Bonati, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Bruce Carlin, Communication Studies
- Wanda Carroll, Supply Chain Management and Int Bus
- Adeeb Chowdhury, Student in Economics B.A./B.S.
- Erica Cook, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Brad Corron, Maintenance Trades
- Barbara Criss, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Vera Delorme, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Shelley Desroches, Moving Crew
- Julia Devine, Theatre
- Shelby Disla, Student in Gender and Women’s Studies B.A.
- Gerianne Downs, Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Cody Dulaney, Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- Katherine Dunham, Psychology
- Isaac Eshun, Cardinal Achievement Program
- Rachel Flemming, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Peter Friesen, Information Technology Services
- Bernie Grabczewski, Information Technology Services
- Cherice Granger, President’s Office
- Cecilia Gregoire, Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- Mark Gultek, Management, Info Sys and Analytics
- Bridget Haina, Communication Studies
- Heather Haskins, Strategic Communications/Marketing
- Allison Heard, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Jean Ann Hunt, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.T. Prg
- Cori Jackson, Enrollment and Student Success
- Diane Jennette-Costin, Academic Advising
- Saran Kaba, Student in Comm Sciences and Disorders B.A./B.S.
- Cheryl Kabeli, Nursing
- Inga Karpenko, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Kristen Kavanagh, Student in Special Ed (B-6), English Language Arts M.S.Ed./B.S.
- Lyndsey Lafountain, Enrollment and Student Success
- Shelley Laurin, Nursing
- Brooke Layhee, Global Education Office
- Erolyn Leitch, Student in English Writing Arts B.A./B.S.
- Regan Levitte, Learning Center
- Cynthia McCarty, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Penny McQuinn, Counseling and Human Services
- Peter Meuser, Information Technology Services
- Christine Minck, Student Health and Counseling Center
- Yuka Mizuno, Student in Hospitality Management B.S.
- Saanvi Moryani, Student in Biomedical Sciences B.S.
- Jordyn Naylon, Athletics and Recreation
- Christopher Needham, Teacher Education, Grad M.S.Ed. Prg
- Michelle Ouellette, Journalism and Public Relations
- Holly Owen, College Auxiliary Services
- Arshita Pandey, Student in Marketing B.S.
- John Parmelee, Management, Info Sys and Analytics
- Michelle Pelkey, School of Business and Economics
- Nicole Powers, Nursing
- Robert Richter, Information Technology Services
- James Rigney, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Cory Schwartz, English
- Jennifer Shaver, Nursing
- Patricia Shinn, Nursing
- Hawa Sillah, Student in Mathematics B.A.
- Aaron Stanley, Information Technology Services
- Allison Swick-Duttine, Fraternity and Sorority Life
- The Cast and Crew of Musical 9 to 5
- Michelle Toth, Library (Feinberg)
- Tyler Whitney, Information Technology Services
- Mila Yuki, Student in Global Supply Chain Mgmt B.S.
- Chunnan Zhang, Accounting (Academic)
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
“You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.