Civility & Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
The State University of New York at Plattsburgh (SUNY Plattsburgh) recognizes that productivity, well-being, and job satisfaction are contingent on the workplace environment. Through civility, mutual respect, open communication, cooperation and support, SUNY Plattsburgh strives to foster a safe, respectful workplace to promote the highest quality performance out of all members. This expectation also extends beyond the place of work to locations where state employees are representing SUNY Plattsburgh and/or performing their work-related duties and responsibilities.
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.
- To Nominate a Fellow Cardinal: Submit online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
June 2022 Honorees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees — students, faculty and staff — who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Akanksha Anand, Counseling and Human Services
- Frederick Belair, Warehouse
- Frank Bretthauer, Maint. and Operations Ctr (MOC)
- Suzannah Chatlos, Psychology
- Christopher Ciccone, Information Technology Services
- Barbara Criss, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Stephen Danna, Branch Campus
- Callie Dow, Student in Nursing BS
- Beth King, Janitorial
- Lyndsey Lafountain, Enrollment and Student Success
- Alicia Lagree, Human Resource Services
- Courtney Lamberton, Janitorial
- Jessica Loveless, Admissions
- Michael Lumb, Information Technology Services
- Nathalia Restrepo, Human Resource Services
- Heidi Schnackenberg, Teacher Education, Grad MSEd Prg
- Virginia Siskavich-Bosley, Strategic Communications/Marketing
- Sadie Trunck, Psychology
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
“You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.