Civility & Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health…
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit “You Made a Difference” Recognition Nomination Form.
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources
December 2020 Honorees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees — students, faculty and staff — who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Matt Allen, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Suzanna Bartlett, Academic Affairs
- John Chambers, Communication Studies
- Lauren Currie, Registrar
- Christine Feazelle, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Brianne Ford, Admissions
- Katherine Friedrich, Global Education Office
- Mohamed Gaber, Accounting (Academic)
- Bonni Garvey, Branch Campus
- Kristie Gonyea, School of Business & Economics
- Sarah Henley, Learning Center
- Michelle Howland, Branch Campus
- Catherine Kaleita, Environmental Health & Safety
- Jason Lee, Accounting (Academic)
- Stephen Light, Sociology
- Ashleigh Livingston, Institutional Advancement
- Amelia Lushia, School of Business & Economics
- Kameliia Petrova, Economics & Finance
- Sandra Rasco, Library & Information Tech Services
- Sarah Richard, Institutional Advancement
- Deirdre Schaefer, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Richard Schaefer, History
- Jill Silver, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Virginia Siskavich-Bosley, Marketing
- Jessica Spurdis, Admissions
- Mark Vasey, Intercollegiate Athletics
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
“You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.