Civility & Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health.
Cardinals Care “You Made a Difference” Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our “You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit “You Made a Difference” Recognition Nomination Form.
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources
September 2021 Honorees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month’s nominees — students, faculty and staff — who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Danielle Attanasio, Admissions
- Emma Bartscherer, Branch Campus
- Zane Bazzano, Campus Housing & Community Living
- Jenna Beauregard, Purchasing
- Wendy Braje, Psychology
- Frank Bretthauer, University Police
- Michael Caraballo, Emergency Management
- Erica Cook, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Lauren Currie, Registrar
- Michelle DeMarco, Branch Campus
- Jesse Decosse, Student Financial Services
- Sean Dermody, Administration & Finance
- Darren Drake, Central Heating Plant
- Katherine Dunham, Psychology
- Richard Durant, Psychology
- Francine Francis, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Richard Gottschall, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Emily Hoeh, Teacher Education, Grad MSEd Prg
- Monica Lattrell, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Faith Leach, Institutional Advancement
- Jessica Loveless, Admissions
- Crystal Lytle, Human Resource Services
- Stefanie Marchiano, Human Resource Services
- Becky McCasland, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Samantha McDonald, Center for Neurobehavioral Health
- Robert Mesec, University Police
- Kristina Moquin, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Michael Morgan, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Elin O'Hara, Feinberg Library
- Joe O'Malley, Campus Dining
- Ronny Padilla, Student in Management Info Systems BS
- Nathalia Restrepo, Human Resource Services
- Susan Sand, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Deirdre Schaefer, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Del Senecal, University Police
- Kristin Short, Accounts Payable
- Amanda Suriel, Global Education Office
- Thomas Thompson, Student Support Services
- Harold Trombley, Maintenance Trades
- Sadie Trunck, Psychology
- Paula Walfield, University Police
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
“You Made a Difference” Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.