Civility and Community Building
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the Fall of 2011.
The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents, and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
“Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health...”
Cardinals Care "You Made a Difference" Recognition Program
One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee. Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination..
- Electronic: submit nomination online via our "You Made a Difference" Nomination Form
- Print: download, complete and submit "You Made a Difference" Recognition Nomination Form (PDF file size 325 KB).
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles, and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources (PDF file size 245KB)
February 2019 Nominees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month's nominees – students, faculty, and staff – who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Kathryn Alton, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Raymond Barnaby, Janitorial
- Nancy Bennett, Purchasing
- Abigail Brown, student in Child Ed 1-6 BSMSED
- Shelley Desroches, Janitorial
- Kenny Dobori, Janitorial
- Theresa Driscoll, Janitorial
- Elizabeth Everett, Janitorial
- Christopher Jackson, Janitorial
- Christina Lagree, Theatre
- Ann Lawrence, Janitorial
- David Liberty, Janitorial
- Teisha Mills, Janitorial
- Amos Olasoji, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Kelley Pickreign, School of Education, Health & Human Services
- Kylie Rinn, Janitorial
- Nichole Seger, Janitorial
- Denise Simard, School of Education, Health & Human Services
- Tina Sperle, Accounts Payable
- Maureen Squires, Teacher Education, Grad MST Program
- Aaron Stanley, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Denise Sypek, North Country Teacher Resources Center
- Michelle Timmons, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Mark Upton, Central Heating Plant
- Nicole Venne, Purchasing
- Yong Yu, Teacher Education, Grad MSEd Program
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
"You Made a Difference"Nomination Form
All faculty, staff and students are eligible for nomination.