Enrollment and Student Success
The Division of Enrollment and Student Success and its departments are here to support every student’s entire collegiate experience.
A Message From the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success
Enrollment and Student Success partners with students, faculty and staff to provide a network of opportunities and services that lead to student success. Collectively, our division positively influences the health, safety and well-being of the student body.
Each student is encouraged to:
- Create your own path - the choices you make help write your story, which becomes the foundation for what comes after the SUNY Plattsburgh experience.
- Get involved - be passionate about exploring the many opportunities in and outside of the classroom.
- Develop relationships - you will meet amazing people at SUNY Plattsburgh from all corners of New York State, the U.S. and the world who stand ready to become partners in this experience.
- Get support - all students need a strong support system, so don't be afraid to seek help, help others, and take advantage of the services and staff at your disposal.
- Contribute - become one of the many students who take on peer leadership roles on and off campus. These opportunities exist for everyone.
As Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success, I care about your experience at SUNY Plattsburgh. Take time to get to know what we have to offer. Please let me know if I can assist you along your journey.
Bryan Hartman, Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success.
"The Division of Enrollment and Student Success will touch your collegiate life in many ways."
SUNY Plattsburgh has our students' well-being and success at the forefront. The CARE Committee is a team of college staff members from a wide range of offices, meeting weekly to facilitate communication, and develop support strategies for students who may be struggling personally, as well as those who may impact the health and safety of the college community at large. Called Behavior Assessment Teams (BAT), or Behavior Intervention Teams (BIT) on other campuses, our Committee name reflects the true nature of the supportive culture of our campus.
From time to time our CARE Committee hosts educational workshops aimed at helping faculty and staff in identifying and intervening in student mental health or emotional concerns and informing them of campus resources that can assist them and their students.
Any member of the campus community who has a concern about the well being of any student should take steps to assist them in accessing the help they may need. Direct referrals to the appropriate office can be made or a report can be made through Cardinal Star.
In cases where a person may pose an imminent risk of violence to self or others, please contact University Police at 518-564-2022 immediately.
Members of the CARE Committee are:
- Larry Allen, Director of Student Conduct
- Dr. Kathleen Camelo, Director of Student Health and Counseling Center
- Dr. Michele Carpentier, Asst. VP for Enrollment and Student Success
- Suzanne Daley, Asst. VP for Academic Affairs, Director of Academic Advising
- Bryan Hartman, Vice President for Enrollment and Student Affairs
- Cori Jackson, Asst. VP for Student Life (Chair)
- Steve Matthews, Director of Campus Housing and Community Living
- Christy Minck, Assistant Director of the Counseling Center
- Seth Silver, University Police Investigator
The Enrollment & Student Success Office
Sports, Fitness and Athletics
Centers and Offices
- Angell College Center
- Campus Housing and Community Living
- Career Development Center
- Center for Student Involvement
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Emergency Management
- Fraternity/Sorority Life
- Global Education Office (GEO)
- Student Support Services
- Student Health & Counseling Center
- Student Mail Center
- Student Orientation
- University Police
- Upward Bound