Employee COVID-19 Information
This page has been created to provide employees with information about the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects upon them.
Classified & Professional Employees On-Campus & Alternate Work Locations for Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 Semesters
As local K–12 schools are developing their plans for the upcoming school year, we recognize the general anxiety and uncertainty around childcare for those children learning remotely. SUNY Plattsburgh is committed to supporting our employees affected by these challenges. Therefore, we have developed a Request for Reasonable Accommodation – COVID (School-Aged Children) form that we can offer to classified and professional employees this fall.
This is in addition to the previously announced provision for those employees that are in a high-risk category, or live with someone who is. Those employees can complete the newly-designed Request for Reasonable Accommodation – COVID (Medical) form.
Departments (in concert with their vice president) are encouraged to work with each employee with an accommodation request (School-Aged Children or Medical) to establish a hybrid model of employees working both on campus and remotely, where appropriate. This will be based on the operational needs of each department while supporting the needs of the college. These programs expire July 2, 2021.
All requests for accommodation should be emailed to human resource services at [email protected]
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation – COVID (Medical)
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation – COVID (School-Aged Children)
- Work Log for Alternate Work Location COVID-19 Google Form (must be accessed through Google Chrome with your SUNY Plattsburgh credentials)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of leave accrual should I charge?
- What is an Essential or Non-Essential Employee?
- If I do NOT have direct deposit, can I still pick up my paycheck in Human Resource Services?
- What options do I have if I, or someone in my immediate household, is at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19?
- What options do I have if my school-aged dependent will be learning remotely or with a hybrid schedule this academic year?