SUNY Plattsburgh participates in the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP). This program offers a PPO, known as the Empire Plan, and several different HMOs, varying by geographic region around the State.
Specific coverage provisions and plan design vary by health insurance plan and by employee bargaining unit. Please visit the appropriate links below for more information.
NYS Health Insurance Online – To get started, you must select “I am a New York State Active Employee (NY)” then choose your group/union.
Health Insurance Enrollment
- Pre-Tax Contribution Program (PTCP) Fact Sheet
- NYS Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404)
- NYS Opt-Out Attestation Form (PS-409)
- Dependent Proofs Required for Enrollment
Domestic Partner Forms
- Application & Instructions for Enrolling Domestic Partner (PS-425)
- Termination of Domestic Partnership (PS-425.4)
Empire Plan Information