SUNY Plattsburgh participates in the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP). This program offers a PPO, known as the Empire Plan, and several different HMOs, varying by geographic region around the state.
Specific coverage provisions and plan designs vary by health insurance plan and by employee bargaining unit. Please visit the appropriate links below for more information.
- NYSHIP General Information Book
- NYS Health Insurance Online — To get started, you must select “I am a New York State Active Employee (NY)” then choose your group/union.
- HEALTH INSURANCE CHOICES FOR 2023
- Summaries of Benefits & Coverage
Health Insurance Employee Rates
Health Insurance Enrollment
- Pre-Tax Contribution Program (PTCP) Fact Sheet
- NYS Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404)
- NYS Opt-Out Attestation Form (PS-409)
- Dependent Proofs Required for Enrollment
Domestic Partner Forms
- Application & Instructions for Enrolling Domestic Partner (PS-425)
- Termination of Domestic Partnership (PS-425.4)
Empire Plan Information