Fitness & Wellness Leadership Major
The fitness and wellness leadership major is an extensive interdisciplinary program.
What Will I Learn?
The program provides strong content knowledge, hands-on personal training experience as well as a business, management and clinical rotations that will help you gain employment as a personal trainer, fitness professional, health or fitness manager and business owner. In addition, you will be prepared to enter graduate school programs in exercise science if you are interested in becoming an educator working in a college or university setting.
What is Unique About Our Program?
There are five areas of study within the major. Each segment offers intensive training in:
- Wellness and fitness leadership
- Practical clinical experiences and rotations
- Fitness administration
- Personal training laboratory
- ACSM certification
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Our program prepares you to work in:
- Hospital wellness centers
- Medically-based fitness facilities
- Sports performance facilities
- Public and privately owned health clubs
- Corporate fitness centers
- Colleges and universities
- YMCAs and JCCs
- Recreational and athletic sites:
- Fitness manager
- Exercise leader
- Elite personal trainer
- Sports performance coach