Parents & Families
We’re happy you want to help your SUNY Plattsburgh student find career success. From our perspective, we believe success is a blend of interests, values, skills and knowledge aimed at achieving well-being (and yes, financial stability, too).
Your influence and support is vitally important for your student’s academic and professional success and we welcome hearing from families and parents.
Frequently Asked Questions
As you work with your student to help them navigate their transition from college to their career, its likely you are going to have questions. To assist with this, we have developed a list of questions we are commonly asked by parents to help connect you to resources that will be useful to you in this process.
- Who can help my student figure out their career options?
- My student needs help writing a resume and cover letter. Do you help with that?
- I noticed a “Career Fee” on my student’s bill. What is this and can I have it removed?
- My student seems to have no motivation to figure out a viable career path. What can I do?
- When my student graduates, will they still have access to services from the Career Development Center?
- What kinds of events do you host?
- My student needs help with job and internship searching. Who can help them?
- How does the Career Development Center support internships?
- My student has never interviewed for a job and I know they need help. Where can they find it?
- My student has a job offer and we want to better understand the benefits. Where can we find assistance?